Chapter 76

Katniss's P.O.V.

I wake up cuddled in Peeta's arms as usual. My head is resting next to his, his arms curled protectively around my waist. I look over to see his peaceful face. His eyes are closed, covering the gorgeous blue, and there's a small smile resting on his lips. A curl of his blonde locks rests over his brow, so I delicately brush it back. 

With this motion, his eyes slowly flutter open. His eyes meet mine as I remove my hand, and place it on his chest. He lifts one hand from my waist and uses it to cup my cheek. He gently caresses it before leaning forward to capture my lips on his. The kiss is short and sweet and when we pull away, I can't stop the smile growing on my face. 

"What was that for?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"You looked to beautiful not to do that." He replies, and my cheeks heat up. He chuckles and gives me another short peck before getting up and heading into the bathroom. 

We're picking up Annie, Finnick, Felix and Johanna today. After dressing in a long sleeved white t.shirt, black skinny jeans and sleeveless denim jacket and pulling on leather boots and a scarf, I head out with Peeta to the train station. (picture on twitter) 

We stroll through the streets and snow begins to fall. We huddle into the shelter and Peeta wraps his arms around me to keep me warm. He places a small kiss behind my left ear which makes me giggle. The train pulls into the station and a huge crowd of people tumble out. 

We scan for them quickly, but I freeze when I catch sight of her. Her blonde hair pulled into a simple ponytail, her tired eyes scanning for some one. My mother. She locks eyes with me. I can't believe she came! I run over and pull her into hug. She hugs back just as tight. 

"W-what are you doing here?" I gasp, just as Peeta walks over with the others. 

"I couldn't miss another thing in your life. She would've wanted us to be together. I need to move on. You don't mind me coming do you? If you don't have room, I can stay at the h-" I cut her off and reassure we have room. I hug Finnick, Annie and Johanna and coo over Felix in his pram. He's grown so much in these past few weeks. His eyes flutter open, but instead of screaming like I thought he smiles and reaches his arms out to me. 

I look to Finnick as confirmation and he nods. Cradling Felix to my chest, with Peeta walking beside me, helping everyone with the luggage, we make our way to the house. Johanna and my mother will be staying in my old house and the Odair's will be us as we have an extra room for Felix next to Peeta's art room, and a bigger guest room. 

We approach the door, with Felix playing with the end of my braid, and I hand my mum the key. We enter the house and Johanna is led next door by my mum. We show Finnick and Annie the rooms and Peeta prepare's lunch while I watch Felix. When we're sat on the sofa, him snuggled into the crook of my arm. He yawns, so I sing him The Valley Song until he drifts off to sleep. 

A small snore comes from him as I carry him up to his room. His travel-cot and baby monitor are set up in the room next to Finnick and Annie's, so I carefully place him in, tuck him under the covers and grab the monitor. As I turn, I jump when I see Peeta stood in the doorway, watching me with a goofy smile on his face. I walk over to him, step out of the room and carefully pull the door to. Peeta wraps his arms around my waist and I wind my arms around his neck. 

"You're so good with him." He smiles, before pecking my lips gently. 

"I suppose." I say with a smile. He leads me into our bedroom and we lie on top of the covers. I turn on my side, and he does the same so we're facing eachother. I scan his face, taking in his sculpted features and he looks at me puzzled. 

"What are you looking at?" He asks, slightly chuckling. 

"How did I get someone so perfect?" I say to him. He chuckles again before saying,

"So you've got me have you?" I scoot closer so our bodies are so close to eachother, there's no gap between us. Wrapping my arms around his neck, with him wrapping his arms around my waist, I lean close him. 

"Hmm," I mumble, taking in his sent with my eyes closed, "Yep, you're mine." I rest my forehead against and gently flutter open my eyes. 

"Good," He huskily whispers. "Because you're mine." He lightly presses his lips to mine, but I kiss him harder. Eventually, he asks for entry and I open my mouth, letting our tongues dance. We pull away breathless. I giggle, before kissing his cheek and walking down stairs. 

I hear him rushing to catch up and resting his hand on my hip as we walk into the kitchen. Felix is awake and being given his bottle by Finnick. He settles back to sleep, so once Finnick has put him up in his bed and rejoined us in the kitchen, we tuck into our lunch. Johanna and my mother join us and we talk about the up and coming celebrations tomorrow. 

My mother, Peeta, Sae and I are cooking tomorrow. Everyone will be coming over to ours at 10am and we will begin cooking then. We are estimating the dinner to be ready by 12 and then after is present giving. I  managed to hide Peeta's presents at the very back of the tree. I don't think he's seen them, as I crawled under it last night after he'd fallen asleep. 

Looking around at every one, I can't help but smile at the thought of all of spending our first proper Christmas together. I sigh and Peeta wraps his arms around me from behind. I relax into his warm chest and he whispers in my ear, asking if I'm okay. I turn around and smile before saying. 

"I'm with you. Everything is perfect." ...................