Chapter Five - Christian

Where is Ana? I have not seen or heard from her in a week. It is like she disappeared off of the face of the earth. I'm so worried about her. I've gone to her place, called her, and nothing. I want her back. I might have come on too strong for her but I want her to know - need her to know that what I feel for her is the real deal. How can I tell her that without pushing her away?

I know we only just met. Maybe this is her way of saying fuck off! Maybe I should just let her go. Maybe this is for the best. Maybe it wasn't the right time.

Maybe! Maybe! Maybe! They fuck with your head. They get you to second guess yourself and what you feel. What if...

"Mr. Grey, your ten o'clock is here," Andrea said to me but I wasn't really listening. My mind was still reeling from Ana being away from me. "Mr. Grey..." I finally look up at her. She was pretty in an overstated way. She had overly styled blonde hair, way too much makeup and a way too tight pink dress that was low cut, showing me her uh assets. Not interested in the least. "Mr. Grey." Her face rosy under all that makeup, no doubt wondering if I was checking her out.

"Andrea, send them in."

Nodding, Andrea sized me up suggestively as she licked her pink full lips, and sashayed her way out. Sorry. Still not interested. There's only one woman for me. I'm determined to win her over if it's the last thing that I do.

In walked Elena. Shit! She was the last person I wanted to talk with.

"Christian..." Elena was overdone as well. Think make up. Red luscious lips. Black dress hugging her curves bearing her breast. That was one of her I want you to notice me dress. And she only wore them for me. "How are you? I heard you in the hospital. Are you okay?" She walked around my desk and hugged me. I didn't even have a chance to get out of my chair.

"I'm fine." I tried to pull away from her but she held onto me tightly. I extracted her hands off of me. I did not want the staff to know about how deep our relationship had done. There'd surely be questions and gossip. "Please sit." I guess she was my appointment.

Elena spoke. I did not listen. I just sat there going through the motions. All I could think about was my fiery Ana. Where was she? Was she staying away because of me? How was I going to find her?

There was a beep on the intercom followed by Andrea's voice saying, "Mr. Grey, you have a call on line one. It is a Doctor Flynn. He needs to speak to you. He said it was urgent."

What did he want? I glanced over at Elena, she was eyeing me skeptically. "Elena, we are going to have to cut this short, I'm sorry. We will do lunch next week." I knew I had to take this call from Flynn. More importantly, I wanted to talk to him. Anything to get ride or Elena. I know we were friends but deep down I knew where that friendship began. It was a life I was realizing was not for me. There was only one life I wanted. I needed normalcy for a change. Elena couldn't give that too me.

"Of course. Call me." Elena stood up, kissed their air, saying, "Chow baby." She left, shutting the behind her.

I picked up the phone, hit the line, and placed the receiver to my ear, saying, "Dr. Flynn."

"Christian, can we meet somewhere?"

Suddenly worry went through my whole body. I tended up. I knew what this was about. My heart thudded in my chest, my ears were ringing, my hands started shaking, and I had to calm myself.

"Take a few deep breathe, Christian."

How did he know I was on the verge of freaking out?

"Just do it." Flynn ordered in an exasperated tone.