Chapter Seven - Christian

The vortex plopped me right out and on my ass hard. My whole body ached from head to toe from the impact. I couldn't help but stay rooted in place for a moment and looked up at all the doors — metal, glass, and wood — all the possible places that Ana could be. I knew I had to get up and find her. If I didn't, I'd loose her forever.

I forced myself up off the floor and glanced down the long hallway and put one foot in front of the other. Could I feel her as I moved passed each door? Would she be guiding me? Would she know I'm coming for her? Would she care?

The first doe I came to a stop at was an metal door that had green paint peeling off and underneath it was some office white color. With a shaky hand, I reached to the round knob, and turned it. The door stuck and I pushed myself into it, nearly falling to the floor, but I caught myself and quickly righted myself.

I found myself in a loft apartment. It was open and airy and had a minimalist feel with the lack of furniture. The walls were painted white but were chipping with the wear and tear of each tenant. I realized just how quiet it was. I couldn't even hear the hustle and bustle of the city. Nothing. You could drop a pin and hear it. There didn't seem to be anyone home either but my heart was speaking to me. It said my Ana wasn't hear.

Taking one last look, I walked towards the door, opened it, and stepped out in the hallway, closed the door tightly. I left it just as I found it. Moving on. I walked down the long hallway that never seemed to end. I saw a bright red door. It had a Moon shape window at the very top. The handle was silver and ornate. I wasn't sure if My Ana would be there, but it was worth a shot.

I reached for the door and as I did, it pulled open, and something hard ran into my chest. All I saw was a dark pony tail on the top of the head. A familiar fragrance filled my senses. It was Ana's perfume. It a soft, delicate floral scent. It wasn't overpowering, it was just right. It was just Ana.

Ana stepped back and she looked directly in my eyes as a small smile spread on her beautiful face. She was wearing gray sweats and a matching hoody.

"Oh Christian..." Ana said surprised and smiled once again. "Just going out for a run. I didn't know you'd be home this early."

"Just...needed to look for something." I stepped in and shut the door behind me. I wasn't sure how all this worked. Could she see the hallway? Or would it be normal too her? God, I didn't know. I felt the bile rise in the back of my throat. My heart begin to race faster and faster. My hands, I kept at my side, hidden away from her. I didn't want her to see how badly I was shaking. How badly I was beginning to panic. How badly I wanted to wrap my arms around her, kiss her, and....

"Do you need help?" Ana asked curiously.

It was not here. I knew it. I had to move on. I was tempted to stay. I know I couldn't. The other me wouldn't like it.

I hold out my hands to her. She gazed up me with her blue eyes shinning and placed her warm hands in mine. I wrapped my around hers and pull her to her feet. I never took my eyes off of hers. "It's ok...you go on your run. I'll find it."

"Are you sure?" Ana wondered.

"Yes."

"Al right." Ana gently pressed her soft lips gently upon my dry ones, to kiss me and then she was off and out the door before I could respond. "I'll see you later, baby." She called to me.

Closing the door, I opened it again, and there was the long hallway. It was incessant hallway. Will I ever find her? Stepping out into the hallway. I turned right, and continued on my journey. I was still no closer to find my Ana. I didn't even have a feeling, a connection with her. Perhaps it was too early in the relationship.