A Starry Night

(y/n)'s PoV

The thought of thinking that unknown man couldn't get out my head, it's been a week since that incident of me nearly being eaten by an eight headed freak.

Thank godness that man showed up, but what really bothers me is that..

having a possibility that, that man could be him..

Well I just missed a really big chance! __T-T__

But that didn't got my hopes down, I'm still on the search for him.

In late in night, like the middle of the night right now, yet I still cannot sleep nor do I feel sleepy.

Since we did not get by any chance to pass by a village, unfortunately, here we are camping out in the middle of the forest with freakin cold breeze showering my body even though I had covered myself with a thick blanket that I had brought with me in this journey.

I staredup at the night sky, admiring the countless stars above, if only I could get to reach them..

And as if, I lost comtrol at my own body, I did not realize that I was stretching a hand up at the sky, trying to reach the stars even though it is clearly impossible for a human like me to even reach it.

Damn, I still can't sleep.

I sat up, looking at eveyone peacefully sleeping. Wow, even the half demon also fell asleep, well to all of us traveling, Inuyasha was the one that obviously is the most exhausted.

I chuckled at their sleeping position. Well, Kagome-san was at the middle while Shippo in her arms, Inuyasha on the other hand was laying too beside Kagome-san and yieee...

Had his arms around Kagome-san! I silently squeeled fangirling them, well I kinda find them cute as a couple.

I looked over to where Sango and Miroku was, and what I found was..

-______-

Miroku had his hand on Sango's butt, what do I even expect from a lecherous monk like him? -__-

I stared again at the sky, now tue clouds were covering the stars. I also heard wolves howling, but like I'd be scared. Then after a few minutes waiting for the clouds too get out of the way, tss blocking my perfect view for star gazing, my eyes went wide after I saw it..

How could I be so dumb?! The moon! It's there! Drawn in the clouds!

Wait! Why didn't I even get to notice that the moon was there all the time earlier?!

I stood up abruptly, but silently so that no one could be awoken.

He's close!!

I quickly ran into the woods but stopped.

Okay (y/n) focus, you need to guess where his direction is right now.

I picked up a dried leaf and let go of it, noticing that iy flew northwards. I smirked, feeling like I achieved something special.

I ran quickly north, because I don't want him to go away any further and.. I

could finally see him...

Third Person's PoV

At the direction where (y/n) was headed to, there stood two demons, one with 2 big horns, and one with fox ears and tail.

While waiting for the girl to arrive, the fox grew impatient.

"Brother, why don't we just go and attack that human, that caught your interest?!"- said the fox

"Calm down brother, didn't we talk about this before? I promised to finally severe this ties with her and forget her. It"s not like she would have wanted a murderer like me being with her."- said the horned demon with a hint of sadness in his voice

"Was that sorrow, I detect?"- the fox asked, eyeing his demon companion

The horned one ignored the fox's statement and stared at the direction where a certain (h/c) haired woman was aproaching them.

She is close.. Is this fear, I felt?
Fear of losing and hurting the one I had learned to love for all these centuries passed..

He thinked.

I am afraid I might hurt you again, but I don't have another choice to choose...

I hope you, you'll get a better future with someone else, (y/n)..

Forgive me, (y/n), my love..

But I had to set you free..