The Tribute Parade

As we pull in to the Capitol we were escorted by Valora into a giant futuristic place. Me and Thresh were split up. Valora said we were going to meet our stylists for the tribute parade. I waved at Thresh, and he waved back. "See you in a bit," he said. Chaff went with Thresh and Seeder went with me.

"Come along, sweetheart," Seeder said. She lead me to a room with a lot of oddly dressed people. My team introduced them to me, There was Shay, Petra, and Coca. Seeder said she'll be back. The prep team filed my nails, plucked my eyebrows and waxed my arms and legs. They made sure every piece of me was flawless.

Then they escorted me to a room where I was met with my personal stylist, who introduced himself as 'Zeph'. He measured my height, I wasn't very tall, I was only 4ft 5. Then he brought out a dress. It was a beautiful shade of electric blue. It was like the sky was on my body. The silk rippled, creating waves of blue. "It looks so beautiful!" I cried. "Yes, it's to represent the blue skies of district 11." Zeph replied. He took out a few other items. "Here, wear these," he said to me. He passed me a pair of cobalt blue dungarees and a silver crown decorated like wheat ears.

"Beautiful," Zeph commented

"Beautiful," Zeph commented. "In a few hours is the tribute parade, are you ready?" "You bet!" I answered.

I met Thresh, Chaff and Seeder outside. "How did it go?" smiled Seeder. "Great, my outfit looks stunning," I said. Chaff, who was now sober said, "After the parade, you'll go to your assigned rooms. The morning after you shall both go to training with the other tributes, understood?" I nodded.

"Come on, come on! The parade is in ten minutes!" Valora called. I went back to Zeph and he got me dressed up, my prep team came in to make a few last minute changes and set off. Zeph stayed behind, Thresh came over to me, his outfit was matching to mine, blue overalls and a wheat crown. "Okay guys, all you have to do is stand in the carriage and wave at the crowd, is that okay?" asked Zeph. Me and Thresh nodded.
"Okay, awesome. So since you guys are district 11, you'll be one of the last. Come on, step up for me, sweetheart," said Zeph. Thresh and I both stepped into the carriage. There was such a big contrast, Thresh all tall and masculine, while I, on the other hand was small and thin.
"Alright guys, you're all set. Remember what I said, let's go," Zeph said. He tugged the reins and the horses set off.

We went through a giant tunnel and appeared out the other end. There were so many people! I did as Zeph told me and waved politely. In front of us was district 10, who were dressed up as golden cowboys and also waving. I looked at one of the big screens and noticed that behind us, was a burning flame. No, they were tributes! District 12 is coal mining, and this year looked wonderful! I was shocked to see how beautiful their outfit was; it looked like real burning coals! Then we reached the end of the road, the horses pulled up one by one and now we were waiting for the president to give his speech. "WELCOME, WELCOME, TRIBUTES, TO THE 74TH ANNUAL TRIBUTE PARADE. MY, DONT YOU ALL LOOK WONDERFUL!" Then he gave his speech about how brave we all were, volunteers and one final farewell, "AND MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR!"
__________

As we returned, dressed still in our costumes, Chaff and Seeder came up to us, "My, weren't you two wonderful!" Seeder cried. "Yes, quite splendid I must say," said Chaff. Our mentors and Valora escorted us up to our room. "Right, you two get changed and then we will have dinner," Valora fussed.

I went over to what looked like a bedroom and closed the door. It was so spacious to what we had back home! Home. It hit me, what were my family up to? Are they still worrying about me? Or have they moved on? I shook my head. They shouldn't worry about me, I'm okay, I'm fine. The bed was a luscious green colour, much like the orchards back home. In the corner was a dresser, I opened it to find lots of clothes my size. So this bedroom was meant for me, phew. I selected a nice and simple outfit, a white blouse and some leggings. I realised I'd forgotten to brush my hair that morning so I set off to find the bathroom.
I stopped in my tracks, I saw something sparkling in the corner of my eye, I turned round and saw a side of the wall was replaced with a giant screen. Beside it was a remote. I turned the screen on. At first it showed the streets of the Capitol and people walking. Boring, I thought. I changed it, next it showed district 11. I changed channels again, next it was an orchard of fruit trees and flowers. I sat down slowly. That's where I worked, picking fruit off trees and sending them to the Capitol. I stood up and turned it off. It was too much for me.

I went about forgetting to brush my hair once again. I met Chaff, Seeder, Thresh and Valora at dinner. Dinner was the same as breakfast, anything and everything was there, you name it, there it was. I chose to eat some salad and a chicken leg, I couldn't eat much since I wasn't too hungry. "So, are you two ready for the training tomorrow?"

**Author's note
Oh boyyyy this chapter was long, almost 1,000 words. Next chapter will be released soon, so stick around!