Interview with Caesar Flickerman

Tonight was the interview with Caesar Flickerman, the last night before the games. Zeph had already prepped my dress and made me twirl around in it. It was a lustre blue dress, much like the parade one. I twirled like Zeph had asked.
"It looks brilliant!" I exclaimed. Once they fitted my dress, I was up and ready to go. I was nervous, I admit my hands were shaking, but it was so exciting! Zeph and I walked from our dressing room to backstage and I saw the girl from district 5, Finch's interview. She didn't seem to say much, and kept to herself at times. I knew she had some kind of strategy, but I didn't know what kind.

The other interviews leading up to mine went by fairly quickly. Then I felt a small push behind me,
"it's your turn sweetheart," Seeder said. I walked up the steps leading to the stage obediently.
"RUE STENBERG!" I heard Caesar exclaim. I skip on stage and hear a collection of awws and ahhs. I was used to this reaction as many Capitol citizens would look at me passing through and comment on how small I was. The first half of the interview went great, Caesar asked about my home, my hobbies, that kind of stuff.
"So, Rue, tell me, what can you do, what kind of strategy do you have that could help you in the arena?"

"I can climb trees, and I'm pretty quick, if they can't catch me, they can't kill me. So don't underestimate me," I said
"Good, so you can climb trees, you're pretty quick, and are you a hunter?" Caesar asked, raising one eyebrow.
I'd never really thought about hunting, but just then it occurred to me that I need food in the arena, I can't depend entirely on my knowledge of plants.
"I've never been much of a hunter," I reply somewhat truthfully. Caesar asked me some more questions about my personal life, then the interview ended and we said our goodbyes.

__________
After Thresh's interview, we were lead back to our room. I didn't want to sleep though, I wanted to make this experience last. Tomorrow just may be the last day of my freedom. I was going to savor this moment, every moment I had in the Capitol was precious. I sat on my bed, staring down at the floor. I decided that I was going to shower. I hadn't had time to do anything, including take a shower. So I went into the bathroom.

I was shocked at how big the bathroom was! I turned on the shower, and through much trial and error, got it to work. I normally took 2 minute showers, where I had to dump a pail of cold water over my head. It didn't feel very nice, it was just to get clean, but after I came out the so called 'shower', I felt dirtier than when I had gone in. But the Capitol shower was different, you could change the setting to warm or cold. It was just right. I got out the shower and wrapped a fluffy, white towel around me.

I got changed into some pajamas and went to bed, feeling the best I'd ever felt after a long day.
__________
I woke up that morning, all the good feelings replaced by dread. I dreaded the day ahead. The hunger games. I went down to breakfast and almost everybody had a wary expression. The only one that didn't was the girl that had tape across her face. I asked Seeder who that was and she told me that they were called 'avoxes'.

We said our final goodbyes, they all wished me luck, and were rooting for me. "Stay safe, darling," Seeder cried tearfully. Chaff was surprisingly sober, he wasn't the sentimental type but he hugged me and patted Thresh on the back. I guess it really was farewell.
__________

We were all heading over to the arena now. Valora escorted us into a Capitol hovercraft, Valora didn't go with us any further, so we said our tearful goodbyes and went our separate ways. We were then told to sit down on these weird looking seats while they injected us with 'trackers' to track where you are in the arena.

I met Zeph once again. This time, to say goodbye. Maybe forever, who knows? Zeph got me dressed up for the games. He gave me back my silver pendant that Asha gave me and put it around my neck.
"A token of tribute from your district," he smiled sadly. I nodded. I was scared that if I spoke, I would cry all over again. I need to be strong, there were only a few moments left until the games. My tribute outfit fitted perfectly, Zeph gave me a coat.
"Be safe out there, Rue. Know, that deep in your heart, we are all rooting for you. Goodbye, sweetheart." Zeph kissed me on the cheek.
30 seconds till launch.
I walked over to the big glass tube and stepped inside. Suddenly it felt like the world was just shut off around me. I couldn't hear anything, the air was denser than before. 20 seconds.
10 seconds.
9. 8. 7. 6. 5.
I waved at Zeph and smiled nervously. He waved at me, but looked sad to see me go.
3. 2. 1.
Whoosh. I was being lifted up the glass tube into the arena. Oh man, this was it.

I was blinded for a second, then I studied my surroundings. Trees, great! I spotted the cornucopia in front of me. I knew I couldn't make that. But two feet in front of me was a small green backpack. It was the countdown from 60 seconds again. 30. 20. 10. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. The games have begun. I quickly ran and grabbed the bag, then sprinted from the area. I did not want to see anything more. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, and then I was yanked back fiercely by someone. "Hello..."

**Author's note
Who just found Rue?! Also I am sosososososo sorry for not uploading! This chapter somehow managed to delete itself TWICE! Next chapter will be longer, stay tuned! Love you all... FRIKKIN 81 READS?!