Chapter 6: The Electricity

∆ Avery's POV ∆

"See you tomorrow Austin" i smiled and waved at him.

"Bye Avery" he waved and smiled back. But his smile....was kinda like a sad smile.

I shrugged it off and opened the door.

And i was greeted by, no other, the one and only...mom

I laughed and before my mom could speak i raised my hand infront of her as a wait sign

"I'll tell you all the details dont worry. But lemme change first" i said and my mom smiled and nodded.

I ran upstairs and my jaw dropped.

All the way to my bedroom are lights, Christmas lights hanging around the ceiling. But u know the stranger things type of lights.

And it was flickering.

"I swear to my oreo cheesecake if this is a prank I'll kill the mastermind of this crap" i shouted.

I walked slowly looking around everywhere and the walls to see if a demogorgon decides to pop out of nowhere

"What the hell is happening?" I said with a shaky breath. The lights are still flickering.

"Mom?!" I said calling my mom but she didn't answer.

I walked forward slowly with my knees shaking. I'll kill whoever's doing this crap.

I finally reached my room door. If a demogorgon is inside my room, tell Austin to save me from the upside down, if I'm still alive.

I opened the door and.....

"What the hell?" I said amused.

My whole room flippin changed. The walls, the decor, the bed sheet. Everything.

The lights stopped flickering. And daym, I'm so shocked and amused and happy. My room right now, is stranger things themed.

"You like it?" My mom asked from behind me so i turn around and smiled

"I like it?? I freaking love it!!" I said and hugged her

"Thank you so much!" I added

"You're thanking me? You should thank the one who did this, i only helped" i said and i pulled away from the hug and looked at her

"Um..who did this?" I asked with my face puzzled.

"Ah, try to guess it" mom said and poked the tip of my nose

I tried to think for the possible person for 2 seconds. But all i have in mind is Austin.

"Austin Connor did this" i said with my smile widening.

My mom didnt say anything and she stepped back until she reached the door pointing at the hallway.

With my eyebrows furrowed i walk forward

"What?" I asked mom but she just pointed at the hallway again smiling.

So i look to the hallway to see Austin. My heart started to beat rapidly and butterflies started to fly around my stomach.

I couldn't hold my smile back. It's like my smile has a mind of it's own. Is it possible that your heart can control your smile?

I dont think it's possible because it can't even control my damn fellings for him!

I walk to him. His cute face that i want to punch. His hands at his back.

"So, you're the mastermind of all this?" I asked when i reached him and he laughed