wyatt

i was standing in my room, shirtless in front of the mirror. i was on my phone, scrolling through the comments on wyatt's most recent picture. it was him lifting me up and swirling me around. it had been fun to take, but now i was suffering.

user1: omfg how r u even picking her up??
user2: i can see her fat bulging out of that nasty dress.
user3: ew. worst couple in la.

i sniffled and threw my phone onto my bed before turning back to the mirror. why wasn't i skinner? why was i getting all this hate? why?

i heard somebody knock on my door, and i scrambled around trying to find my shirt. however, i was too late, and i saw my boyfriend walk into my room with a smile on his face.

"hey, y/n! how ar-" his jaw dropped when he saw me. he bit his lip and looked away, obviously a little turned on. "w-why are you shirtless?"

i let the tears fall out of my eyes and i tossed my phone to him, the comments still open. i touched my stomach lightly with my fingers before turning to wyatt, who was fuming.

almost silently, i whispered, "why me, wy? why are you dating me?"

he walked towards me very slowly before coming to a complete stop in front of me. he snaked his arms around my bare waist and leaned his head on my chest. i put my face on his head and just breathed in his curls, wrapping my arms around his back.

"you're absolutely gorgeous, y/n. even so, it isn't really looks that i adore in a girl. it's her personality. and you, y/n, have the best personality i've ever witnessed. i'm so proud to be able to hold your hand and kiss you and cuddle you whenever i please. i know it sounds dumb, but you're the most beautiful girl i've ever had the privilege of talking to," wyatt rambled, "i know you probably don't believe me because there's more of them than me, but i just wanted you to know that's how i feel."

he pulled away from the embrace and took his jacket off before wrapping it around me. he wiped away my tears with his bare hands and cupped my face in his hands. he gave me a sweet kiss, and didn't leave until later that night.