Chapter 1

Eight Months Later...

I jolted awake. The nightmares of the haunting night were vivid in my dreams. I wake up to read the alarm clock that was on my nightstand next to my bed. It read 2:41 A.M. I groaned and wiped away the tear that fell onto my cheeks. The night of the accident was on constant repeat every night, taking away the frightening moment that killed me.

I got up from the bed, walking to the mirror next to my window and told myself to calm down and beg myself not to think of that night. I had to control myself in these situations.

Since his death, the therapist I have seen told me to breathe in and out slowly, focusing my mind on something else, helping me forget the horrible nightmares, but when my eyes glanced at the window, to find myself staring back at the boy next door. I was breathing heavily, and just like that, it returned without warming.

Liam Stone.

Liam was there the night the accident happened. He was the one holding Noah in his arm as he cried over his dead body. The night he looked at me with absolute hatred and the moment he blamed me for his death.

The light in his room was all off except for the lamp on his desk that allowed me to see him. He had no expression on his face, just the evil look of pure hate illuminating throughout me.

Liam was Noah's best friend. They were closer than brothers.

I had never seen Noah get hit that night, but he did. He watched the whole thing happen. He knew him since they were little; I couldn't imagine what he must have felt when his best friend died in front of his eyes. He felt it all happen, and he accused me of it all to ever occur.

I tore my eyes away from the window and laid once more on my bed.

I hated thinking about tomorrow. Going to school was my punishment, and everyone hated me, and I could barely hold myself together each day. This school year was my last year of high school, and finally, I will be free of it all. I could escape Norcallawn High and begin a new life away from everyone else.

Just one more year, I need to hold on.

-

I got up from the deep slumber, turning my head to stare at the clock that read 8:15. The nightmare of yesterday night was the first thing I thought about, but I quickly pushed it behind my thought and got up.

I groaned loudly, realizing that I was late to school and rushed out of bed and running into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and got dressed in less than 2 minutes and began doing my hair at the dresser in front of my window.

Pulling my hair and brushing it as fast as possible, and tying it into a ponytail staring at myself in the mirror for a quick second before my eyes caught the photograph sitting at the corner of my dresser.

A tear started forming in my eyes, and I told myself and begged it not to let it fall. The flashback of the night, the love of my life, died came rushing back once again when I stared at the picture. The picture where he looked at me with respect and admiration as I smiled for the photo, yet his eyes were only on me, and I wanted to break down then and there, but I was going to be strong.

I turned around, walking out of my room with a fake smile and greeted my parents.

"Good morning," I said as I grabbed a piece of toast my mom had made for breakfast. "Good morning, sweets," my dad replied, taking his eyes from the newspaper for a split second before averting his eyes back at the paper.

"Storm, you're late! Here is lunch," my mom said, coming out of the kitchen and handing me my lunch bag. I nodded at her and grabbed the keys from the table, and left out the door.