Chapter 6

Storm. The name of a cloudy day with extreme rainfall, making the day wholly dull and depressing.

You might wonder why my parents had named me such a horrible name. But for them, it was perfect because of the day I was born.

They always tell me that story.

The day was cloudy, and when my mother had gone into labour, it had turned into a thundering storm that made my birth the hardest for my mom. She was going through painful work, screaming in agony as she couldn't handle the pain. But as the storm calmed down, so did my mother.

She tells me that the storm that day was one of the most beautiful days of her life.

I loved my mother. She was a beautiful, kind-hearted soul. She always wanted what's best for everybody. That's all the more reason why everyone liked her.

And today was a special day because it was my mother's birthday. It was a tradition for us to have breakfast with the Stones ever since we moved here on each other's birthdays.

It was a stupid tradition. But we always did it.

Today was a Sunday, and trying to come up with some 'I have to get to school early' excuses won't work this time.

I brushed my hair quickly as my mother yelled at me to get down faster. I hurried down the stairs after brushing my hair silently, praying for this to go well.

I haven't seen Liam since the night at the party. He hasn't been showing up to class, and I didn't see him around school either. Which was a great thing for me? But I knew this wouldn't last forever.

As soon as I made my way outside, where they were all having breakfast, I was lifted off the ground and was held in a tight embrace by no other than Tyler. Liam's older brother.

Tyler has come back from college for a few weeks. I haven't had the time to see him much lately, so I was glad he was here right now.

"Sun, I missed you!" He said, calling me by his silly nickname as he put me back down.

"I missed you too," I said with a smile.

I couldn't help, but my eyes right away averted to see Liam, who was sitting quietly, looked absolutely annoyed as he typed away on his phone.

I rolled my eyes at his behaviour and made my way to sit down next to my mother.

"So how old are you turning, Mrs. Miller? 23?" Tyler said jokingly, which made my mother giggle. "Oh, how sweet," she said as she playfully slapped Tyler's hand.

"Tyler, how are you enjoying college life?" my dad asked, making us all avert our eyes to Tyler.

"You know what, Mr. Miller, I actually don't mind it. I mean, the school work is harder and exhausting, but it's a lot of fun," he said politely.

My parents always liked Tyler. He was a real charmer and a well-mannered guy. He knew what to say in any situation. No person didn't like him.

"How about you, son? How is school?" My dad turned his attention to Liam, who was still on his phone, not really paying attention to any of us.

"Fine," he replied without really looking at my dad in the eye. My dad nodded his head and gave my mother a look.

A look that I knew too well. It was the look that my dad gives my mom when someone is rude, and he doesn't like it.

And Liam was precisely the type of person to receive such a look.

I remembered the time Noah met my parents.