Part 4

Dinner was a rushed affair, and while everyone else made plans to go out, Danny rushed upstairs. To study, he told himself. He assumed Steve would be out doing whatever popular guys did on Friday nights.

Which was why Danny was surprised see Steve was on his way out of the room when Danny came in. They collided, and Danny started to fall, but Steve snaked a hand around his waist to steady him. By coincidence, they're lips nearly met, and Danny went still, his heart pounding in his chest.

This close, Danny caught Steve's scent. There was the sandalwood of his soap, then his natural pheromones. Danny inhaled sharply, and he couldn't help himself. Steve's scent was too much for his willpower to withstand. He closed the scant distance and pressed his lips to Steve's.

Steve's grip around Danny tightened, and he parted Danny's lips with his tongue. Danny moaned quietly and acquiesced, his hands coming to Steve's shoulders. He kicked the door closed behind him and Steve pulled him further into the room without breaking the kiss.

Danny's knees went weak, the way Steve took charge. He pushed Danny up against a wall and deepened the kiss. Danny's hands fell to Steve's hips, and Steve pressed closer still.

When their lips finally parted, it was only briefly, long enough for Steve to whisper, "I've needed this since I first saw you."

Danny forgot about Ben, about his family, about the consequences. Those lips were perfect, firm and soft at the same time, better than Steve had imagined. Danny kissed them again and again. "I had no idea," he murmured.

Steve's hands roamed over Danny's back, up to the nape of his neck and down to just above his hips. "I don't even believe in love at first sight, but the day you walked through that door, you've been the only one I've wanted."

Danny responded by kissing him. Steve drew him down to his bed, and they made out with fervor. Steve's hands were all over Danny, except around the unmentionables, and he kept his hands over Danny's clothing. It was a mixed blessing. On one hand, Danny wasn't ready to go all the way. On the other hand, his body ached for more, and the more Steve touched him, the more he wanted to do more than kiss.

They were interrupted by an abrupt knock on the door, and Danny recognized the voice of Steve's friend from the protest as he said through the door, "Are you there, Steve? We've been waiting in the lobby for, like, ten minutes."

Steve groaned and murmured against Danny's lips, between kisses, "I told the guys I'd go out with them. You want me to cancel?"

Danny was afraid Steve's friends would get suspicious, so he said, "No, you go." He smiled, then said, "I'll be here when you get back."

Steve said, "What if I get in and you're asleep?"

Danny kissed Steve again. "That's just a chance you're going to have to take.

Steve moaned and kissed Danny, long and lingering until another knock on the door snapped him out of it. "Okay, I'm coming," he called through the door.

"You wish," said one of his friends with a muffled snicker.

Steve rolled his eyes, then admitted quietly, "Yeah, I do." Danny's cheeked colored, and Steve kissed each one. "You're so cute when you blush. Okay, I gotta go. I'll see you in a few."

Steve left with his friends, and Danny laid down on his bed, curling his arms around a pillow. The doubt set in fast. They would have to keep this a secret, and that wasn't Steve's style. Besides, it wasn't as if he could have a relationship with Steve. What if Ben found out? And what was Danny going to do, invite him home to meet the folks? The idea filled him with dread.

Danny sighed, and he hugged the pillow more tightly. He couldn't get over those kisses, though. His lips were swollen with them, and the gentle throbbing made him smile. He knew he wouldn't be able to say no to the kissing, even if what came next was kind of a mystery to him, one he wasn't sure he was ready to solve. He closed his eyes, imagining Steve's hands on him, and he was determined he'd stay up til Steve got home.

He was out like a light within moments. It had been a long damn day.