Not giving up

"Babe? I have something for you." As I say this I see her side eye me. "All you have to do is turn and face me." I say grabbing the stuff and holding it for her to see.

She turns around and smiles a sad smile seeing the stuff. That's weird, why isn't she happy. I hand her the book and she flips through it with a sigh. When she gets to the end I notice tears in her eyes. As I go to wipe them away she flinches back.

"Babe what's wrong? What's going on?" I say gently trying to hold her hand, she just pulls away.

"W-we need to t-talk" she struggles to get out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Dallas's POV*

"Okay, well what about?" I ask starting to get more nervous by the second.

She doesn't say anything for a few minutes so I ask again. She still doesn't speak so I try to grab her hand once more, getting the same reaction as last time.

"Alex, c'mon its me. You can trust me with anything. I know I'm your girlfriend but I'm also your best friend. Whatever is causing you so much pain we can get through together." I say softly trying to calm my girlfriend, who is now on the verge of a panic attack.

She looks up at me with tears spilling over her eyes. Her whole body is shaking and she looks terrified. she wasn't this bad with her father so I know it has to be bad.

After a few deep breaths in she mumbles something I don't quite catch.

"Babe, I can't hear you. You'll have to speak up." I whisper so I don't scare her away.

"We have to break up, Dallas." She says just load enough for me to hear.

"You're joking, right?" I ask standing up from the bed. "Is this because our fight? I know you think I was treating you like a baby, but I was just worried. I wouldn't be a good girlfriend if I didn't worry about you sometimes." I try explaining myself to her but it seems like she's not even listening.

She then stands up to where I had been pacing and holds my arms to stop me. She looks like there's more to what she's saying, but she just shakes her head as to dismiss the thought.

"You should go. Just trust me this is better than you think. It will all work out you just have to trust me on this." she says without looking in my eyes.

"Um okay, I guess. Just know I'm still here if you need me. And even if you don't, I still love you." I tell her looking at the ground, not capable of looking into her eyes.

I walk out of the room and instantly my cheeks are wet from tears. I run back to my room and get in bed.

Everyone is supposed to go out for dinner and ice cream tonight but I'm just not in the mood. I think I just want to lay in bed and think about what's happened today.

As I'm laying there Lauren and Jade walk in to get me for dinner. Oops guess I forgot to text ma. As soon as they see me they rush to my side asking what's wrong.

I don't say anything for a minute, hoping the lump in my throat will lessen. Realizing that it won't I spoke the words I didnt want to believe.

"Alex broke up with me." And instantly the tears came harder and I was wrapped in their arms. They started to sing 'Brave, Honest, Beautiful' and slowly I started to calm.   Still crying slightly I looked at them and they stared back with sorrow filled eyes.

"Do you want to tell us what happened?" Mom asked rubbing my back.

I shrugged, debating whether or not to tell them. I mean they will hear about it eventually, so why not now.

"Yanno how you suggested I do something to get her to stop being mad at me?" I question looking at Jade. She nods in response with her eyebrows furrowed. "Well I got her a stuffed seal, a rose, and a book that had all the drawings I made of her along with some of our best memories. Then I took it over to get room and she was flipping through it and crying. any time I would try to get close to her she would move further away. She ended up breaking up with me. She even said that its better than I think. What's that even mean. There is nothing good about this." I say fading to a whisper in the end. I look up at them and neither look like they know what to do or say.

I roll away from them and mumble something about staying in tonight. Five minutes later and they're still sitting on the edge of my bed. Soon enough I feel the weight on my bed lessen and figure they were getting up to go out.

"Do you want us to stay here with you?" Mom offers whilst rubbing my back. I just shake my head and hear her sigh before she kisses my head. "Okay well we will see you after dinner. Get some rest and try not to think of it too much." After that I hear their footsteps getting further away and the door shut quietly.

I lay in the same spot for another hour just thinking. What could have possibly made her want to do this. Was it that big of a deal that I didnt think she should have been out alone? I get she's not a infant but its still dangerous especially if you're hurt. If it wasnt that then what could it be. There has to be a reason right?

My mind just kept going at a mile a minute trying to figure out why. It doesn't make any sense to me and its just kept me crying for about two hours straight thus far. I keep thinking and feel my eyes start to shut. The last thought on my mind being that I'm not giving up, not that easy.

************************************
Hello guys,
So I finally updated and I'm so so sorry its taken me so long. There has just been a lot. One of those things be in me finding who I am. I don't know if y'all noticed since its a miniscule change but I no longer go by Taylor. I am Tyler Michael now. Anyways, I'm hoping to get back into this and hopefully update on a schedule. Till next time✌

Oh and its not edited so sorry for any mistakes!!