6

Gayeon's POV

That night, my parents came home and they were delighted to see Taehyung in his good state. He is neatly groomed and not as messy as he used to be.

" Mom, he is really good looking isn't he ? " She nodded with a smile as I looked at Taehyung proudly while he used his phone.

" I made him that good looking. It was tough but I managed to do it. " I said with a smile and she chuckled.

I thought about the blind date things, " Mom, since I brought your pretty boy back, can you stop setting me up on blind dates ? " I asked.

She shook her head, " Through blind dates, that's where we will find a guy for you. " She said.

" I can find one on my ow- "

" But is he rich ? If he isn't rich then he isn't worth much in our company. " She said and at that moment, both Taehyung and I were shocked by what my mom said.

Tears were threatening to fall out of my eyes, " So in your eyes, i'm only used to lure boys and to expand your business ? "

She sighed, " I don't mean it in that way but it's for your own good ! " She said, trying to persuade me that blind date is the best thing.

" Even after what that rich guy almost did to me, you haven't learned your lesson right ? He almost rape your only daughter ! " I screamed as tears rolled down my cheeks.

" Dad, " I trailed off, " It's so hard to tolerate. I'm in so much pain and yet, you guys don't spare a thought for me. "

" Ever since I was young, dad you never dare to talk back to mom even when you know how uncomfortable we are with such things. " I sniffed.

" Why didn't you send Taehyung on dates ? Why is it just me ? " I cried really hard and my mom slapped me.

" You can't find a guy on your own with what you have now. Taehyung have the looks but you have nothing but bad attitude. " She stormed into her room while I broke down in tears.

My dad sat there, not knowing what to do.

I'm used to it.

He never dared to show his temper to my mom.

He watches me suffer from afar.

I stood up as I cleaned my mucus away. I walked up to my room and found a blade on the table, I don't want to do this but the pain is so intolerable.

I started cutting myself at my thigh so no one else would see it unless they are perverts.

After i'm done, I realised my skirt soaked up all the blood and it's bloody red now. I took it to the washing machine and washed it.

I pretended that i'm on my monthly issue so no one would suspect much.

" I'm such a loser. " I said to myself as I stared at the plain ceiling in tears. I really want to give up on myself but I just felt like it isn't worth it.

I went out to the balcony and stared at the dark sky. Perhaps it would give me an answer to why is my life so saddening.

Having a mom who doesn't care much about what her child is feeling, having a dad who watches me suffer from afar and having a brother who does nothing.

So what if I'm rich ?

Can money provide me with family ?

Many people are wishing that they want to be rich and stuff but all I ever asked for is to have an actual family who would take note of my feelings.

Isn't family someone who you can talk to while relaxing and feel really happy talking to them ?

I felt like i'm having a meeting 25/8, my parents are always talking about business terms and about who I should go on dates with.

Her dear daughter almost got raped and yet she dares to take the chance and send her on more blind dates for her own benefit.

I don't care if I don't have the money but I just want to be able to feel a sense of belonging at home.

I feel so outcasted.

Taehyung's POV

I stormed into my mom's room and she turned around as she rolled her eyes at me.

" What do you want exactly ? to help your sister ? " I sighed in frustration.

" Can't you just let her find her own happiness instead of helping her choose a guy ? You already got the chance to choose yours and you chose dad so why can't you let her choose her's ? " I asked and she slammed the table.

" Do you think I chose your dad ? " I stood there, frozen in spot.

" I was forced by my parents to marry him, do you think I even love him ? My parents wanted to expand our business so I was forced to marry him and have you guys. " She said as she patted skin care products onto her face.

" So you don't have feelings for dad ? " She shook her head and I was just stunned.

I turned around and saw my dad standing by the door with a really frustrated look on his face. He stormed in and stood beside my mom.

" Didn't I tell you not to tell the kids ?! " He said in anger and my mom looked up at him.

" Don't you think they are old enough ? Taehyung is already 22, how old do you want him to know that we don't love each other at all ? " She asked.

My dad stormed out of the room and I ran after him. We sat in the garden and he looked at the sky in anger.

" I've loved your mom but yet she doesn't feel the same way back. I thought that maybe letting her control you guys would help build our relationship and there will be lesser arguments but I was wrong. " He said as he buried his face in his palm.

" So you do love mom ? " I asked and he nodded.

" I waited for her for so long but yet she doesn't seemed to notice my existence. All she craves is money and doesn't care much about children. " He said.

" I don't want to ruin your relationship but have you thought of divorce ? " I asked and he looked over at me.

" Many times but do you know how tough it would be for you and Gayeon ? Being in a broke family isn't as easy as it sound. " He said as he patted my shoulder.

" I promise from today on, I'll officially carry out my real duty as a dad. "

4th Dec 2017

Much drama but welcome to Millymellymully's story :D