7

Gayeon's POV

" Guanlin-ah, my mom sets me up for blind dates again. " I said to Guanlin and he sat up in shock.

" Blind dates ? " I nodded and he stared at me in confusion. I guess, who wouldn't be confused ? I'm a 16 years old and i'm going on dates with guys that I don't know.

" She wants me to have a rich husband and all. " I said as I looked down at my hand. He grabbed my hand and smiled.

I stared at him, apologetically, " It's fine, if your mom wants you to go. " Suddenly I have a good idea, she set me up on dates because I can't find a boyfriend.

My eyes widened, " Guanlin, when are you going to get discharge ? " I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

" Why ? " He asked in confusion.

" My mom set me up on blind dates because she thinks I don't have the ability to find a boyfriend by myself but I already have one. " I said the last part while blushing.

Guanlin started to get all flustered, " What do you mean ? You want her to come see me ? " I nodded and he shook his head.

" I don't think i'm ready to face your mom yet. " He said and I smiled, reassuring him that my mom isn't as scary as she sounds.

I grabbed his hands, " Do you believe me ? " He nodded and I smiled.

I sighed as I looked over at the time, " It's getting late, I should go now. " He nodded with a smile and I walked out of the hospital.

Guanlin's POV

No, this can't be happening right now.

Why does she wants me to meet her mom ?

If her mom founds out that i'm just toying with her daughter's feelings, how would she react to it ?

I ruffled my hair in frustration and at that moment, Minah walked in with her heels clicking against the cold, hard floor.

She placed a basket of fruits on the table and sat beside me, on the bed.

" Minah, we have to end the relationship between Gayeon and I. " I said and she frowned, she stood up with her hands on her waist.

" Gayeon wants me to meet her mom because her mom is setting her up on blind dates because she felt like Gayeon doesn't have the ability to find one herself. " I said.

She rolled her eyes, " Lai Guanlin, are you seriously giving up just like that ? You have to understand that after this, we can live happily ever after. " She smiled as she gave me a peck.

Maybe I should just tolerate with it.

" Guanlin, I believe in you. " She said with a smile.

I believe that I can't let Minah down, I felt really sorry towards Gayeon but to prove my love for Minah, I have to do this.

I'm sorry Gayeon.

After Minah left the hospital, I received a video call request from my parents in Taiwan and I accepted it to see their faces on the screen.

" Guanlin-ah ! " I smiled as they called my name in enthusiasm.

" How have you been ? " My dad asked in mandarin and I replied, saying that I am fine in mandarin. I speak to my parents in Mandarin since i'm Chinese and they are Chinese too.

" Lai Guanlin ! We miss you lots ! " My sister said in the background and I chuckled just hearing her voice. I really missed my family a lot.

I moved to Korea on my own because of studies and at the start, my family was reluctant since I was rather young and also because they think that I wasn't independent enough.

I didn't regret coming to Korea though, I love the food here and the people here but I just can't help it but to feel homesick.

After I've ended call with my family from Taiwan, I decided that maybe I should ask the doctor when I would get discharge.

" Dr Lee ? " I knocked on the door and he smiled at me as I entered. I sat down in front of him awkwardly.

" Yes Guanlin ? " He asked.

" When can I get discharge ? " I asked and he look through a little book with all my medical documents in it.

" I think you can get discharge tomorrow morning. " He said as he looked with a really sincere smile, I don't know how to describe it except, all of the doctors have that smile.

I thanked him before walking out of the room.

I decided that maybe I could pack up my things a little bit so it wouldn't be so hectic tomorrow when I am getting ready to discharge.

When I got back into my room, I started separating all the hospital's things and my own things.

" Wow, I really don't have much stuff. " I said as I chuckled when I realized, majority of the things that I have with me currently belongs to the hospital.

I placed my things in a bag and hanged my clothes nicely on the door.

I was cleaning up things when I found a piece of yellow paper of the floor with some words written on it.

Being the curious little swaggy rapper from Taiwan, I wanted to figure out what was the sentence about but sadly, I can't understand majority of the word.

I do know how to speak and write Korean but I don't get what it meant. I felt like the person who wrote that is an alien.

Just then, a nurse came in to give me my medication and I decided that maybe I should let a Korean explain the sentence to me.

I tapped her on the arm and she looked at me, I spread out the little piece of paper and smiled shyly.

" Can you please read it and explain it to me ? " I asked and she read through it before staring at me in awkward silence.

" I'd rather not. " She said and walked out with that piece of yellow paper. I pouted, the swaggy rapper became even more curious but I can't do anything about it.

Then it hits me,

Does it belong to Minah or Gayeon ?

7th Dec 2017

I've published a book called 25 years old which depicts the life of a 25 years old woman who was rushed into marriage.

It's a Guanlin's book btw !!