Chapter two

"I certainly can't deny it anymore", Hermione thought. She'd always known deep in her heart that she fancied girls but had always made an effort to ignore it. She'd tried to convince herself of the fact that she simply hadn't met her Prince charming yet, she'd even dated Victor Krum! But nope, she just didn't have any feelings for him. She vaguely recalled their first kiss. She didn't feel anything. It was wet and gross in some way. Nevertheless she had felt slightly guilty when she broke up with him because, well, he genuinely appeared to like her and she also liked him in some way - but not as more than a friend. Thinking about the hurt in his eyes when she confessed she couldn't be with him still made her shiver. When she was with Ginny however, she felt a funny kind of excitement, of nervousness and thrill. She DEFINITELY had feelings for her. Sometimes she imagined how it would be if she felt the same way about her, how it would be like to kiss her.... She'd spent hours imagining their future life, adding endless details, replaying it all over again in her head. But in the end, she always came to her senses again. She hated this deflating moment of realisation that the two of them could never found a family and be together.