Chapter ten

After graduating from Hogwarts, Ginny and Hermione move in together. They are a happy couple but nevertheless, Hermione has got the impression that something in their lives is missing...

Hermione had planned this proposal for months. She had picked the most beautiful ring (resembling the one she once bought her while being at Hogwarts), had cleaned the house and prepared a festive meal. She never had a lot of talent in terms of cooking but this time, it HAD to be perfect!
While planning, it had been particularly hard for her to keep it secret and she already looked forward to the moment when she would propose to her.
Eventually, the special day came! It was late in the evening and Ginny entered the house after an exhausting day at work. "Hey, sweetheart", she mubled tiredly and kissed her. "How was work?", Hermione wanted to know. "Not bad. One of my colleagues has sprained his ankle which means I have a double amount of work to do but otherwise, there's nothing to complain", Ginny replied. "Great", Hermione whispered tenderly and kissed her again. "While talking of 'great', I remember there was something, I wanted to ask you...", she added in an enigmatic voice. "Can't wait to hear it", Ginny said smiling.
"Okay, Ginny Weasely", Hermione began. "You've been my faithful girlfriend for five years. I hereby ask you, if you would like to marry me."
Ginny was obviously speechless. After a few seconds, she started crying. "What's up, my love?", Hermione asked slightly confused. "It's just....well... I'm just being quite overwhelmed right now. It all came so suddenly. Of course I want to marry you!", she finally answered. "The ring is beautiful by the way", she added admiringly and kissed her girlfriend.

Ten months later

It was the day of the wedding. Finally! The day had arrived! Hermione was wearing her wedding dress and standing in the venue, waiting for her bride to make her entrance. Nervously, she gazed at the large number of rows filled with their family members.
The heavy wooden door opened and Ginny entered accompanied by her father. They slowly started walking towards the altar. Hermione couldn't stop staring at her. She looked fantastic in her dress! When she arrived, she stopped opposite to Hermione. Eventually, the two of them would be a married couple...

Later in the evening

"What a fantastic wedding", Ginny exclaimed jovially. "I aaaaaaabsulutely do consent", Hermione chanted. She took her wife's hand, led her outside and they started dancing on the balcony, under the crystal clear sky enlightened by a gazillion stars and lived happily ever after...