Chapter seven

"Hermione, look what I found under my pillow! What a beautiful ring! I'm going to wear it every day! What do you think? Who might have bought it?", Ginny asked in an excited voice. "I don't know but whoever was it seems to really fancy you.", Hermione answered trying to sound innocent. "Oh my god, I've got a wooer! Who might it be? It might be Dean Thomas. He's been gazing at me all week! I think he's the guy!", Ginny chanted. "Yeah, get off with him, why not?", Hermione murmured. "Aren't you happy for me?", asked Ginny wearing an appalled facial expression. NOT REALLY. "Of course I am. The thing is just that you're always talking about boys", she responded hoping Ginny would maybe possibly take the hint.
"Fine, but I really need you to practice kissing with me. No way I'm going to screw it up with the boys" Perfect! Now she was using her. In her eyes, she was probably nothing more than a tool. Slightly hurt, she even considered saying no but in the end, she told herself she couldn't miss that opportunity. "Okay, if you want to", she replied trying to hide her excitement. So, they drew closer. Ginny tenderly placed her hands upon Hermione's waist. Hermione wondered how the kiss would be. Maybe there would be a teenie weenie chance that Ginny would enjoy it as well and then...When their lips met, all thoughts were temporarily erased from her memory. It was the best thing she had ever experienced in her life. Ginny's lips were so soft and tender. After what felt like hours, they broke apart. Hermione couldn't look her in the eye. What did she think of it? She couldn't tell her she was gay, could she? "Okay, let's talk about you. Is there someone you fancy?" Hermione turned away. She couldn't tell her. She felt too ashamed. "If you don't want to tell me, it's okay", Ginny murmured and left the common room.