Row 24 Seat B

Mattie's POV

The next day I stood at airport security with almost the entire team laughing at me. I was picked for the random check, so they were checking my bags now and everyone else was being scanned and were able to walk through. Of course, most wondered off to find stuff to munch on or drink before we boarded the plane in about twenty minutes. Security finished with my bag now and I stood out in the open my arms in the air my feet spread apart. A woman walked over, patting down my clothes as she made sure there was nothing suspicious on me.

I was a little nervous, because I had never had done this before. I've been on planes and what not before, but never had the random security check. Whereas Britt never got it, but hates flying. She always held mine or dad's hand, and she squeezes for hard and wails like a baby. It's funny, but painful for our hands. I hope who ever she sits with is someone that she knows well, like Conway.

I finished and grabbed my bag, walking out of the security point. Adam chuckles. "Glad to see someone waited for me," He nods. Just as we leave, Coach hands us our tickets. Looking for the ones with our names, and then hands them to us. He then leaves, telling us to be at the gate in ten minutes. We look at our tickets, wondering if we've been placed together.

"I'm in row 6 seat B. What about you?"

"Row 24 seat B," He looks at me, and asks for my ticket. "Knock yourself out," I said, giving it to him. We walk down the hall and I turn to some small restaurant, grabbing a coke and ask what he wanted. I grabbed him a Pepsi and went to pay, when he stopped me and got his money. Tis happened a lot, with most people. He offered to pay and they would argue back by saying they could. This was something we did a lot, and so did he and Britt. She always got pissed off, but always thanked him because it was the right thing to do.

After he paid, we walked off. I had been given my ticket back and we were heading towards our gate number. We looked while we walked. "Ya know, Banksy, ya didn't have to. But I deeply appreciate it,"

"Your welcome and I had to. Men must always treat their ladies,"

I laughed at him, punching his shoulder playfully. "I'm not your lady, Adam. I'm your best friend," I told him. He smiled with a nod. We had reached the others and I headed over to the three girls who seemed to be the loudest there. Adam walked over to the boys and spoke with them until it was time to board.

When it was time to board, the girls had boarded last since the guys were jerks and thought of themselves and no one else. Bombay got on after us of course, and said he was gonna do a headcount before he was gonna go take his seat in first class with Miss MacKay, our tutor, and Mr Tibbles.

Walking down the asile, I looked for my seat number. When I got there, I whined and looked around, seeing who Britt was with. She was placed with Adam. Boy, I'd rather switch seats, but here we weren't allowed. Plus, my dad had chosen seats. He obviously knows who hates who, because everyone was sitting with someone they hated or didn't know. Conway was there, at the window seat and I sighed. "Sit down, it's not so bad,"

"Ugh, yeah it is," I said, looking around. My dad had already counted my head and had made his way to the front of the plane.

"Why? Because I'm your buddy?"

I nod vigorously, and take my seat, throwing my bag on my lap while I sit there with an annoyed expression. He was quiet, until the flight attendants were explaining the rules and once they finished, he told me to my seat belt. I glared at him, he put his hands up to shoulder level, surrendering. I put the belt on and got comfy, putting my feet on the chair and waiting.

Once the plane was in the air, and most people were getting ready to fall asleep, read, or talk to their comrade, Conway turned in his seat, looking at me. I didn't notice until he had cleared his throat. "What?!" I asked, not so kindly.