Her And Banksie Aren't The Best Pair

Matt's POV

We all stood together in the field exersicing and what not. Some spoke to one another, and had their own conversations. Britt wasn't here today, she just wanted to stay back and said she'd do her exercises later on her own. I didn't exactly know why she wanted to stay back. It's not like her to, I mean, the only thing I could think of is that she's sick or super tired. Either or, but I doubt it, even if she had a little cold or sore stomach or something, she still shows up until she's unable to keep her food down or she's physically unable to play or something.

I got out of my thoughts when I heard the guys fighting. Portman called Julie 'babe' and Adam pushed him out of their way, telling him that she has a name. Portman kept calling him out, saying that he's practically dating me, and is a player. I didn't do anything about it, because everyone knows that Adam and I are not a thing, but are friends. I also can't stand up and say 'hey, Charlie's my boyfriend, not Adam!', ya know?

We heard an unfamiliar voice, and all turned. I see a boy. He was a littler shorter than I was, but then again I'm one of the tallest, not for ling though. He was a darker than the rest of us, and seemed to have an incredibly big mouth. I remember seeing him at our games, pissing Jesse off with that mouth of his. Coach had seen him before, but right now, I doubt any of us want to hear his name. The others are calling him Captain Blood, though I haven't. 

Yes, he's my father. Yes, I don't like him like I should. And right now I don't want to be seen with him. He might be my father here, but on the during games, practices, and warm ups or any events that requires the entire team and him, he's my Coach. I will listen to both my Coach and dad. I am not calling Captain Blood like the others are, and are reacting his expression when we were at practice last. He's my dad after all, and I'm his kid, I know we're not the best at the time, but he doesn't deserve to be treated that way at all.

Jesse was at the front of the group and I took my seat on the grass, tying up my shoe because it wasn't tight enough, but I listened to him and the other boy talk. "Hey man, I'm gettin' sick of you. I'm gettin' sick of seeing the USA represented by a bunch of whining babies," The boy hollered, over exaggerating. That got to all of us, we all knew we were great, and we all knew we were here because of it, not because we're a bunch of pretty faces.

"Too bad you can't back up that mouth!" Jess spat, clearly annoyed with the boy. The rest of us stayed quiet and listened.

"Me and my boys can take you anytime, anywhere," He said, skating up to us. Since he was wearing roller skates.

"I don't see no boys,"

"I got 'em waiting. Grab your gear and let's play some schoolyard puck," The boy spat. "Or maybe you forgot what it was like to play with real pride- hey, get off me!" He called as some guards asked if he had a pass. When he didn't, he got escorted out by the guards. 

"What're we gonna do, Jesse?" I asked, walking up next to him, with my arms crossed.

He huffs, grabbing his bag full of gear. "We're gonna play some schoolyard puck,"

Everyone was hesitant, but then cheered and grabbed their stuff. We all ran out the gate of the field and headed off to follow that boy. His name? Russ Tyler. I sat on the bus with Julie while Connie sat in front of us, back turned around to join our conversation while the boys all yelled one over the other and spoke with Russ Tyler. "Man, I wish Britt could've came," Connie sighed.

Julie and I nod. "Yeah, she's a great player, but it's not team USA without her," Julie added. 

I look at the ground, but then look up, facing Connie. "I wish she could've came too, but she wasn't feeling too hot,"