Where's The Ding Dongs?

Brittney's POV

Team USA Ducks had won the Games of 1994. With outstanding players, each with extraordinary talents. They were brought together because they were the best of the best. The best of the best didn't get along at times, but in the end they all came together to conquer the raining champs; Iceland. The Team USA Ducks were now known widely around the USA, but now they go their separate ways to reach their destiny. Their destiny in which where they belong in the future.

God, I couldn't get that outta my head. After the interview with Team USA, I couldn't get that speech out of my head. They had announced us the winners, we won a trophy, we won medals, and had a group photo taken. It will be released in papers around the USA and other countries too, I think.

After the game, I didn't have time to give Adam his letter that the man had given me. But Matt had gotten hers and if she opened it, I don't know. I hadn't even opened the letter that Adam had handed me about three days ago or so, and I hadn't open the other letter either. I was nervous about that letter Adam gave me. I didn't know who it was from. Adam could've just handed it to me and it's from someone else I may know. Who knows, because I don't.

I had my gear with me, since today everyone was heading back to their home towns. The Ducks, Coach Bombay, Miss MacKay, and Jan were all headed back to Minneapolis. I don't know if we're all going to stay in touch or not. But I had gotten the emails and numbers of the other five on the team. I told them I'd stay in touch with them, because I can easily see the original Ducks everyday if I wanted to.

I reached my room, where I heard Connie calling out to Matt about something. Julie had left about ten minutes to go to the airport, we all had said our fairwells earlier. We, the Minneapolis clan, were all going to be leaving in about twenty minutes to go to the airport. Julie will be gone by then since we need to get there, all through security, grab what ever beverages and snacks, and then to the gate to bord. So I don't think we'll see any of them.

"Woah, what happened here?" I asked, looking around the room as I shut the door with my foot. Connie looks, blowing some of her hair out of her face. She seemed worried, or panicky.

"I can't find my blue jeans, or my red ones, or my USA jacket," She told me, throwing all of her stuff out of her bag that was neatly folded. She was sitting on the ground, the bag in front of her, and she just chucked clothing every where, even onto Matt. 

I walk over to my bed, setting my hockey bag on the ground. Matt was on the left side packing while I took the right side and put my bags on the floor. We had bought a bunch of new stuff here, so it was going to be hard to cram everything into our clothes bags. So, i got smart and decided to shove some of it in my hockey bag, they'll stink, but that's what my washer, dryer, and clothes line is for.

A knock came to the door, and Connie hollered. "Come in!"

The door opens to three boys; Guy, Adam, and Jesse. They stepped in, leaving the door wide open as other teams from different categories filed down the halls to get downstairs to taxis or what ever. Two stood against the door frame, and Jesse had set an arm on Guy's shoulder, snorting a laugh as he looks at us. Mainly Connie and her mess. It wasn't even a room but a tornado of clothes. It looked like all of our clothes, but no, those were all hers. Most of it was the stuff she had bought while being here.

"What'd you girls do to the room?" Jesse asked.

"You know it has to be spotless by the time we leave? Which is in fifteen minutes," Guy added.

Matt looks at them. "Thanks, Captains," She said looking away, and I catch her eye roll, laughing myself. I was on my bed, the top bunk, sorting through my carry on bag for the plane. Inside was my wallet, three pairs of sunglasses- two designer ones obviously, empty bottle, Walkman and headphones, two unopened letters, my glasses, and magazines and a book. Oh and my new polaroid camera that I bought, it's real nice. Everything in my bag was enough to keep me occupied during the flight. 

"Do you girls need any help bringing this crap downstairs?" Jesse asked. The other two look at them and I look down at my bag, digging through it.

"Sure," Both Matt and Connie said, after looking at one another.

"Britt?" Guy asked.

"Uh, no thank you. I can do it myself," I told them, still looking down at my bag. I put my bag on my shoulders and jumped down. Grabbing my two other bags, I excuse myself from the room and head downstairs. 

It was crowded and hard, but I wanted to do this myself. It was a nice offer, but I denied because I knew I could it on my own. I can't reply on everyone else, though, it was super nice of them to ask. I did feel a little bad denying it, but they don't always have to be the gentlemen they are.

Getting downstairs and at the lobby door. I see the rest of the Ducks sitting in the lounge chairs. Coach, Miss MacKay, and Jan talking to who ever at the desk. Fulton, Charlie, Averman, and Goldberg sat at the chairs, all laughing and talking. once I saw their bags in a pile, I threw mine on top of theirs and kept my carry on bag. Walking over to them, I take my seat next to Averman, sitting on the arm rest and he had moved over a little.

"Hey Matt, whatcha up to?" Averman asked, looking up at me. I caught Charlie's glare, and looked at him, giving him a signal that it wasn't Matt, but Britt.

"Nice try Averman, it's Brittney," I reply.

Fulton laughs as he shakes his head. "You suck at telling them apart," He retorts, making Goldberg and Charlie laugh along.

"Where's the Ding Dongs?" Goldberg asked.

"Our room, they're helping them bring their bags down because they got chicken muscles," I replied. They nod.

When we heard people talking loudly, and being the loudest in the building, we knew that the other five had came downstairs with bags. Before they could rest their arms, Coach told them to load them up in the back of the taxis that were waiting outside. So, the five of us that were chilling in the lounge had gotten up to grab our bags and bring them out.

I follow the others outside, and the four boys from the lounge follow me. Seeing four taxis for thirteen people. So, I went to the furthest one and threw my stuff in the back, shoving it to the back of the trunk so others could put their stuff in too. "Hey Britt, can we talk?" I heard.

Turning and looking up, I see Banks standing there. He threw his bag in and placed it nicely in the trunk. I went to say something when Coach spoke up, telling everyone to hop in a taxi. One taxi wasn't going to have an adult, which of course was mine since it was the further one away. I got in the back, and then before Adam could get in, Averman shoved in and took the middle seat. I didn't mind who had middle, but had pushed me against the door, and thank god my hand wasn't on the handle, or else I would've been out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the plane, Coach had given us random tickets and told us to just sit where ever we wanted. So, Matt and I sat together. We had taken a random row. I liked sitting with her, we didn't need to ask to lay across the seat or take our shoes off, or listen to music and sing. We could just do it and the other wouldn't care at all. 

As I was sitting by the window, I remembered coming here and being next to Adam and dreading it. And now I if I were to sit with him, I probably wouldn't of minded. And Matt, she wouldn't of minded if she had to sit next to Charlie. They get along now and I think Adam and I have finally grown up and are starting to become actual friends.

Matt was in the aisle seat while I was window. The middle was free and we had lifted the arm rests so we'd have more room. our bags were under the chair until we take off. I heard two of our teammates, but wondered where they were. So, I sat up and looked around, seeing they right behind us. Odd, I didn't think he had put us all together, but apparently that row had been.

Matt had looked at the menu, sitting up straight in her seat, as did I. Guy and Connie were together. Averman and Goldberg. Jesse and Fulton. Adam and Charlie. The other three sat in first while we had coach. I waited for the plane to take off before I grabbed my stuff.