¢нαρтєя ηιηє - нαя∂ ¢αℓℓ

"Okay, not all you have to do is push the bone into his should- No! Not like that! Push it in quickly!" My voice was strained as I stared at the people outside the cell, a man pushing the arm back into the shoulder of a fourteen year old that due to a punch gone wrong by the guy Unseld was holding by the neck through the bars, had popped out.

"Done!" Unseld screamed happily, the man he had been choking falling at his feet as the girl's muffled screams were heard.

The girl shot up, her eyes wide as she hugged the man that had put her arm back into place. Suddenly, the man pushed her back, a look of pure disgust evident on his face as he started wiping his leg, shouting curses at the girl as she just stared at him in hurt.

We were both laughing our heads off now, oblivious to the onlooker staring at us from across the hall.

Suddenly, a voice cut the playful air, making us both snap out of our trip down memory lane.

"Alueda, the director wants to talk to you,"

I looked up, nervousness stuck in every vein as I identified the speaker as Cameron, his sharp blue eyes staring at me, as if he was trying to analyze me.

Before I could say anything about it, Ungeld stepped in, blocking me from his view, "Stop staring at my girl, she's too precious to have herself worn down by useless stares,"

Makes total sense, I wanted to comment, but didn't, knowing it would only make Geld send glares at me.

"Well, I guess I'll go downstairs," I said, trying to break the awkward silence that had filled the room.

As I skipped down the steps, I could just make out the winged boy glaring at Cameron, using two fingers to indicate he was watching him.

So childish.

"You needed me?" I asked formally, trying to hide as well as I could my nervousness, making sure not to move my wings an inch.

"Yes. We've had a small technical problem," The director said, shaking her head slightly as she showed her towards one of the vans holding the people that had started fire on the house. "He-" pointing towards the man that I had stuck a piece of glass through his forearm, "-claims that his boss is going to come back. He's threatening our organization that if we don't go away and leave the family and you alone, they will hunt us all down and kill every single agent." I nodded, not really comprehending why she was telling me this, since this was the usual drill all bad people did, claiming they worked for the biggest and baddest people, and that we had hours to live.

"Well, what should we do?"

"Elsu already testified that what this man was saying, he believed it. Every single word that went out of his mouth was a truth in his mind. So, since this doesn't usually happen, we have decided to take some measures and keep you here, in order to keep them, and you, safe from this 'Lord', as he called him."

I wasn't going to CARESS.

I felt like jumping in excitement, maybe even hug the idiot in front of me blabbering about his 'Lord' and how we would all die in the next year or so, how we should start saying our goodbyes while we had a chance.

Let's make the most out of this, shall we?

"Wait, so I have to stay here?" I asked in disdain, making my metal feathers drop in annoyance, trying to make it look like it was the worst thing in the world. "Okay, then if I have to stay in this place, please tell me I get some kind of compensation!" I exclaimed.

Hope this works, I thought, crossing my fingers as I stared at the director, waiting for her reaction.

"Okay, fine," she finally said, "you get one point per day you spend babysitting. And a day off every week-"

"Which I can accumulate, so by the end of a month I'd have four," I cut.

She glared at me, "Which can accumulate-"

"And I get my room sent to me," I noted, a smile starting to appear on my face.

"And you get your room," before letting me cut her again, she continued, "and your going to school, to keep an eye on Cameron."

What?!?

"Wait, but I don't want to go to school! I already know everything I could ever learn there! I mean, I even passed my Spanish exams two years ago, and I'm currently learning French! I don't need school," I finished, indignant towards her decision.

"I'll give you two options. Either stay here and do exactly as we just agreed, or you are never, and I mean never, coming back to HOMELUA."

Hard call.

"Could you do me one last favor?" I asked, half begging.

She looked at me with inquiring eyes, urging me to go on.

"Could Ungeld and Elsu stay here and go to school with me?" I could already see the questioning in her eyes, so quickly explaining myself, I added, "You know me, I dislike talking to people, and I hate it when people claim things that a wrong. And that's exactly what teachers do. So I'm going to need someone to stop me from doing stupid things,"

She contemplated my reasoning for a minute, probably trying to figure out if I was lying or really meant it.

"Fine," she drew, making a sudden smile spread on my face, my eyes gleaming in excitement, "but-" Oh no, "they will be staying in a different house. It's bad enough that you have to stay in their house, but I'm not going to place two more teenagers there," she said, walking away as she finished her sentence.

It's not that bad, right? I mean, you'll get to see them every day... And plus, if you get tired of being in that house alone, you can always go to theirs.

I was happy, really, I was.

But at the same time, the fact that they couldn't stay in the same house broke my heart.

We had even shared beds at some points in our life!

A hug suddenly broke me from my trail of thoughts, the arms surrounding me crushing my bones.

"We are gonna go to school! Together!" Elsu shouted, happiness radiating off him.

"Yeah!" Ungeld added, jumping into the hug, officially breaking my whole chest, although it was currently covered in metal.

Well this is going to be interesting, I noted, my eyes landing on the black haired boy that was staring at us next to his aunty, his eyes holding hidden feelings.