1. Restart

A/N: I wrote this fic almost a year ago in google drive when I was bored at school, so writing may be bad, but I have tried correcting it as much as I could. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy. Please leave comments!

Akame's POV

"Who's this letter from?" I wondered, after noticing a letter outside. I looked down at the letter which laid at the doorstep of my hut. It was secured with red wax, the paper still new with no creases. I picked it up, noticing my name "Akame" written in eloquent handwriting at the back of it. Inside the envelope there was a long piece of folded parchment. Before reading it, I thought a bit to myself. What could possibly be so important that Miss Najenda would finally contact me after two years of no contact? And then I read it. In cursive writing, the piece of parchment said:

To Akame,

I am incredibly sorry for not contacting you earlier, I am afraid my everyday life has been exceptionally busy.

I hope you're reading this in time, and that the letter arrived in good condition.

Do not be alarmed of this sudden letter. I have good news brought to you.

Hopefully, your new life as an assassin has gone well so far. Tatsumi hopes so too.

I will go right to the point. Tatsumi is alive, and I want you to come meet us in the capital soon, if possible. We will come with an explanation when you arrive, as I'm writing this in a hurry. I do understand the situation you're in, so we will wait patiently for your arrival. We both do hope you get here soon, though.

Sincerely,

Najenda

I stood there, reading every word over and over again, unable to process these news. I'd never had even a little bit of hope for my friends to be alive. Just after learning to accept their deaths, this happened. If Tatsumi really was alive, wouldn't it be great news? It was enough of a reason to abandon the life as an abroad assassin. This was the greatest thing that had ever happened in the longest time. A miracle, to be correct. One of my friends survived. Logically, this didn't make much sense. I witnessed Tatsumi's death years ago. It would be impossible for him to really be alive... in the capital, even though it was destroyed... with Miss Najenda... she did say she'd offer an explanation if i came though, right? Alright, it was settled.

I was returning to the capital. 

A/N: Did you like it? Let me know >.>