Hour 7

"Can we talk about the elephant on the couch, Abby?"
"Are you calling me an elephant?"
I know what he is talking about. I just want to give him a hard time.
"You kissed me. You owe me money."
Oh crap. The bet did include the neck. Damn.
"Can I have a redo? I was only doing that to make you happy."
One of his hands spreads out, covering my stomach, holding me against him.
"Just being next to you makes me happy."
Ew but aw. He's being all gushy and emotional. If I play my cards just right, maybe I'll get out of the bet.
I turn to face him, putting my hands on his bare chest. The muscles on him are just pure...wow.
"You liked my kissing, right?"
Sincerity is written all over his face as he runs his other hand over my hair, smoothing the disaster.
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't."
"Then you should let me out of the bet. It won't happen again. I swear."
I try the puppy dog eyes on him. Chase is giving my request serious consideration. Or maybe it's not my request he's thinking about, judging by what is stirring again.
"Only if I can kiss you. Once more. On the lips."
Not the weirdest or the worst. What could go wrong?
I don't bother giving a verbal response. I just nod and he shifts so that he is slightly above me but his head is right over my, lips just inches apart.
"I didn't hear you, repeat that again for me?"
Why can't he just take my nod as a response?!
"Yes."
"Yes what?"
Okay, I know it's weird, but I'm seconds away from yanking him down to kiss me. He looks too damn good right now.
"Yes you can kiss me."
I close my eyes as he dips his head, brushing his lips against mine in a feathery kiss. Tingles shoot through my body. I wait for his lips to return to mine but they don't. I open my eyes, angry.
Chase is right back to hovering about me. He's restraining himself. I slide my hands up to his shoulders, trying to pull him down to me.
It's like pulling a six million pound boulder. Impossible for me to do barehanded.
He's waiting for something. God how I wish I could decipher the mind of a man. He's playing a dangerous game right now. I literally can't think of any other thing to say that will get him to kiss me. Unless I go all caveman like and demand it. Here's to nothing.
"Kiss me, Chase. Kiss m-"
It works like a charm. His lips find mine in a frantic kiss. There's no hidden emotions in this kiss. Just the way I like it.
He moves one hand to cup my head, and the other stays on my lower back. He deepens the kiss and I let him.
So what if it's way more than the 'one more kiss on the lips' he asked for? I'm not complaining.
The next song on the playlist starts and Chase pulls away. He goes right back to cuddling me as if nothing happened.
If that's how he wants to play, fine. Let's play, pretty boy.
I don't know why Chase has brought out the 'I'm going to push the boundaries' side of me, but he has. Unintentionally, probably. But he still brought it out and now, as I lower my hand between us, he's going to have to deal with the consequences.
I make my move and he jerks, startled. His eyes are the size of the moon when I look up at him. All I can do is smile and turn my back to him.
If there was one day I could erase from my memory, it'd be most of this day. Why? Because of my stupid actions so far.
I need some serious help.