Hour 9

I curl against Chase, struggling to keep my eyes open even though it’s still light out. I guess lying on a couch all day has made me exhausted. My yawn alerts Chase.
“Do you need to take a nap? I’ll stay awake.”
“If you don’t mind.”
“I don’t care if you take a nap. That means you’ll be up until all hours later.”
If he keeps talking like that, I won’t be able to fall asleep.
He kisses my forehead, pulling the blanket up around me.
“Sleep. You’re going to need it.”
He doesn’t have to tell me twice. I close my eyes, drifting into an unconscious state.

***Chase***
She’s so beautiful when she’s asleep. Why does this have to be harder than it already is? She’s going to kill me if she finds out the truth.
I reach over, picking my phone up off the floor, careful not to wake Abby. Several texts fill my screen.
Frank: Did you do it yet?
Devin: Is she a good kisser?
Fiona: I don’t like this
Sam: How long is this going to take? I want my money.
Fiona: Just go easy on her. Girls are sensitive
I respond to all of them at once.
Chase: Chill. Later. Already got it planned.
The texts come in immediately.
Sam: ;)
Devin: Hell yeah!
Frank: You’re bluffing
Fiona: *shakes head*
I put my phone away, not wanting to distract myself any more than I already have. Abby stirs beside me, her fingers extending and landing on my chest. She doesn’t know what she’s doing. This is her natural behavior.
Unless she’s faking being asleep. If that’s the case, I’m screwed. If she saw the texts and put two and two together, she would flip.
Someone taps me and I turn slightly. It’s Kinsey Love.
“What’s up Kinsey?”
“Just wanted to tell you that there are only four teams left. I didn’t want to shout it and wake Abby.”
I put my arm around my sleeping beauty.
“Thanks. Can you tell me which teams?”
She surveys the room before looking back down at me.
“Team Prescott, Team Candyland, Team Legends, and you.”
“Thanks.”
She nods and walks away. Isn’t Team Prescott comprised of Abby’s friends? I guess I’ll confirm it when they lose.
I fully intend on winning this competition with Abby, even if it means not eating or drinking for a few hours. So what if I’m in competition with three other teams. It’s better than the packed living room from earlier.
“I can’t hold it any longer!”
I hear rapid footsteps against the hardwood floor.
“Don’t bother. I know we lost.”
Now we’re down to the final three.