Hour 8

Both Chase and I behave. No inappropriate touching, no kissing, no seduction.
We’ve both zeroed in on the game.
A loud thud draws my attention to the cot belonging to Team Vampire Shift. The girl sits up from her place on the floor, rubbing her forehead. She nudges her partner until she wakes up.
“Come on Penelope. We lost because of me.”
The girl on the cot sits up and give the girl on the floor a sympathetic look.
“It’s not your fault. We both fell asleep. It’s both of our faults.”
Kelly comes over to escort the girls out. Two other people break down the cot. I didn’t realize how full the room still is. Eight couples are remaining. I finally spot Travis and Bella across the room. Team Prescott.
My guess is that Travis picked it. He’s got an ego bigger than the Grand Canyon. Bella probably just let him get away with it because of her newly developed crush.
Unless she’s had it for a while and just hasn’t told me.
I mean, she was acting all weird the other day. And she’s gets all flustered when he’s around.
Holy crow. She has liked him for a while! I just haven’t noticed it!
“What are you thinking about, Abby?”
I put my head back against the pillow.
“Bella’s crush on Travis. You?”
He runs his fingers through my hair, smiling.
“Just thinking about how beautiful you are. That’s all.”
This needs to stop. Now. I prop myself up on my elbows I can talk with him.
“I need to clarify one thing. Every action that I have made today in relation to you, I regret.”
He furrows his brow. I think he’s trying to hide his obvious disappointment.
“Yes, you are very attractive and all, but I think my actions came from the vat of tension. A tension that has increased greatly since the day I started dating Jonathan. A girl has needs and he couldn’t provide. Now, I’m releasing that tension on you while we both lay here in our pajamas.”
“You’ve lost the bet numerous times already.”
Of course he feels the need to interrupt. He’s a male.
“Your point?”
I don’t realize where his hand is until he give a gentle squeeze. His fingers land just below my ribcage. I squirm and drop down onto the pillows, curling up so his fingers aren’t near that spot.
“Are you ticklish?”
He reaches for the spot again and I slap his hand away.
“Abigail Michaels is ticklish. I never would have guessed.”
I prop myself up again, keeping my guard up.
“Can we please get back to the point here?”
“Yes. Now what were we talking about?”
Typical guy. I roll my eyes as he relaxes, his hand moving down from my ticklish spot.
“You were just about to tell me your point in bringing up how I’ve lost the bet already.”
“Yeah. I could have called you out the first infraction, but I didn’t. I want to drop this whole silly bet.”
But I want my money. That’ll get me at least one six pack of Pure Leaf.
“Why exactly?  It’s getting you ten dollars in your pocket either way.”
“I want you to release all that pent up tension on me, if it means more of your earlier behavior.”
I blush furiously. As I previously stated, I don’t want to remember a huge portion of this day.
“That still doesn’t answer the question about the money.”
“There was no question, but I’d rather make out with you than win ten dollars.”
Cocky and confident. It’s a good combo for him. Very flattering.
“Oh.”
He brings his lips into a half-smile, his eyes filled with a burning fire.
“Exactly. If it’s okay with you, I plan on taking this little cuddle party back to my place later to break all the rules.”
!! Is he implying what I think he is implying?
“Just some good old fashioned fornicating.”
For some reason, my stupid brain won’t let me keep the words in my mouth.
“Is it under consent of king?”
He’s just as confused as I thought he would be. Why did I say that?”
“Fornicating under consent of king. First letter of the first three. The whole last word.”
Chase takes a minute to think about if before he starts laughing. He pushes me onto my back, flipping on top of me. Holy cow.
“Just hearing you say stuff like that makes my head spin, Abby. If you ever want this to go away, you’re going to have to watch what you say and do.”
I nod, unable to get words out of my lips.