55: dean

"Turn left here." Castiel said pointing out to the road in front of them.

Dean took a sharp turn and mumbled under his breath.

"You're lucky there wasn't any traffic."

"Whatever. Turn right at the stop sign."

"Where the hell are we going?" Dean mumbled turning the wheel right down the unpopulated road.

"Just shut up and drive."

"Cas the only thing down here is McDonalds and a gas station!"

"MAYBE I WANT FUCKING MCDONALDS DEAN."

"I said you could go anywhere AND YOU CHOOSE MCDONALDS?!" He yelled turning into the entrance.

"I'm hungry and I'm not sitting in no 40 minute line for fancy food okay?!"

"Whatever."

"You should be happy. Now you don't have to spend a hundred bucks or whatever."

"You're a little shit." Dean grumbled pulling into a parking spot.

"But..." Cas whined with a small pout on his lips.

"But I love it." Dean smirked, pulling Castiel across the console by the collar of his shirt and planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"I knew there was a reason you put up with me." Cas smiled pulling away. "But now that I have your attention..."

"What now?" Dean rolled his eyes.

"I'm kinda too lazy to go in soooo can we get drive thru?"

"Are you serious?"

"Maybeeee..."

"I'm already parked."

"Wellllllll..."

"Fine." Dean said grabbing ahold of the shift again and pulling it down into reverse.

"I really do appreciate you Dean." Cas said softly as the car backed out into the parking lot.

Dean didn't say anything back, but he didn't have to. Cas knew from the faint smile that crossed his face that Dean did too.

The truth is, maybe Dean didn't really feel like he deserved someone like Cas. Who was Castiel to appreciate him? To appreciate the person who hurt him? Dean didn't know how to feel. He expected to be held accountable for the shit he had done, not appreciated because he was able to clean up the mess.

"You may act like you hate me, but I know you don't." Castiel smiled.

"Trust me, I feel something for you, but it certainly isn't hate..." Dean came out of his thoughts.

"Then what would you say it is?"

"Hmm idk." Dean said shrugging his shoulders with a grin.

"Did you just idk me?"

"Yes."

"Gasp, I'm offended."

"Did you just say gasp out loud?"

"Well you said idk out loud so I think we're fair."

"What do you want to eat?" Dean smiled shaking his head as they pulled up behind another car in line.

"You."

"Daaaaaamn."

"Just kidding, get me whatever. Honestly I'll eat whatever you get."

"Alright. No complaining you little shit."

Cas looked over to Dean and scrunched up his nose, giving a small smile through his scowl.

"Fine."