epilogue part 2

"So, you were talking about a wedding a few weeks ago, how was that Castiel? Did you go to that over the weekend?" Dr. Havashi smiled as she looked up from her laptop.

She had told him many times that he could just call her Laura, but for some reason the professionalism just stuck out in his mind. He liked knowing that she was qualified to help deal with his problems, because he sure knew he wasn't.

"It was great. A lot of fun, and it was a really nice venue..." Castiel was staring down at the paisley print of the black rug underneath his couch.

"Outdoors?"

"Yeah, the weather was really nice this weekend... I mean, it was perfect. Everything was awesome, we had a great time." He smiled looking up to her.

"That's awesome!" She smiled back. "This was Dean's brother?"

"Yes, his little brother."

"Oh! Well then he had to be there, right? How is Dean doing?"

"He's doing fine, he just got promoted at Bobby's last weekend, so now he's starting to think about moving us out of the apartment... but uh, I think we're putting a large chunk of that towards our wedding fund too." Castiel nervously laughed, playing with the ring on his finger, as if he was just now noticing it was there.

"Are you engaged?!" Her eyes lit up.

"Uh, yeah." Cas held up his hand. "Yeah we are. He proposed after the wedding. I don't think he had a real plan for it, but we're both pretty excited, so it works out."

"That's amazing, Castiel! Congratulations."

"Thanks." He blushed, shrinking back into the couch. "I just... for the first time in a while, I feel genuinely happy. Like I actually know what I want to do, and where I want to go, and what my life is going to hold."

"Do you think this is something that's happened gradually?" She looked back down to her computer screen and started typing a few words on her keyboard.

"Um... maybe. I mean, I've just been so much... more content? Maybe it's just because I haven't been thinking about my family... or it might just be the end of college is freeing, and now I'm moving on, and Dean is right there with me."

"Have you seen any of your family lately?"

"Besides Gabe, no. I uh, haven't gone back home since... Michael... but me and Gabe are starting to go get lunch sometimes, and it's kinda nice." Castiel nodded, adding a short smile to the end.

"Yeah? Has Gabe graduated too?"

"Yeah. He was actually a year before me, so um he's working downtown in a branch of our family's corp."

"Nice." She nodded.

"Yeah, he wanted me to come there too, after graduation... but uh, I'm happy where I am."

"That's all you can ask for, right?"

"Yeah." Castiel smiled fondly as he stared at the rug once more. "I guess so."

————————

"Dean! I'm home." Castiel called, shutting the door of the apartment closed behind him.

His keys jangled from hand to hand, as he shifted them to throw onto the counter top.

He smiled as he heard the small clicks of dog paws patter across the floor, growing faster as the little yellow lab came sprinting across the floor.

"Well hello Bella!" Castiel knelt down to start untying his shoes, met with vigorous licks to the face as he laughed his way around her nose. "How's my little girl?"

"She's been barking at the squirrel in the parking lot for the past fifteen minutes." Dean sighed, walking out of the bedroom with a smile.

"She's a puppy, Dean." Castiel rolled his eyes. "That's what they do."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." He rested his hand on his hip as he leaned against the doorframe. "How'd it go?"

"Good."

"Good. You hungry?" Dean tipped his head up as he raised his eyebrows towards Castiel.

"Always." Cas smiled, standing back up from where he was knelt over.

"Order a pizza and call it a night?"

"Sounds perfect."

Dean started walking into the kitchen, reaching for his phone on the counter as Bella wagged her tail at Castiel, and glanced over at Dean. She barked when Dean looked down at her, causing Cas to laugh and smile at his fiancée.

"I don't think she likes me." Dean sighed picking up his phone.

"What are you talking about? She loves you." Cas smirked at him.

"Just because you love me, doesn't mean the dog does too."

"Yes it does."

"Okay." Dean let out a short laugh as he walked over to where Castiel was standing with the dog practically bouncing in front of him.

Castiel watched him look down at the dog that was standing between them, almost cracking a smile as Dean stared at it fondly. When he stepped in closer, the dog wiggled it's way out from between their legs. Cas watched as Bella turned around and stared at him as if telling him that it wasn't fair that she couldn't stand as close to him as Dean was.

"Cas..." Dean whispered.

"Hmm?" He looked back up to Dean who was inches away from his face.

Dean cupped his hands around his face and gently brought Castiel's face up to his, meeting his lips with a warm smile. They shared a quick kiss before the dog started barking at the two, Castiel laughing as he pulled away. As he did, Dean's warm green eyes stared into his own, leaving him with the sense of adoration that he felt every time he glared into them. A feeling that told him this was where he was meant to be. A feeling that ushered him in with open arms, loving him in a way nothing else did. A feeling that whispered up from the depths of his hopes and dreams...

"Welcome home."

anonymity was never an optionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें