4) -im back baby!-

"Thank you, Mrs. Robinson!" I told Absence's mother, Kathy.

My mother smiled and took my pillow from my arms. I don't know why i even brought it. I didn't really use it.  Absence's lap and shoulder were more of pillows than the feather filled sack that was slumped over my mothers arm.

We got in the car and drove off.

When i got inside the place I called home, I threw my stuff down and ran outside. I saw my dad cutting down one of the biggest trees I've ever known. I was sorta happy he was cutting it down. It was one of the biggest hazards ever! Hell, a branch fell off and broke my little brother's leg!

I smiled but then realized something. I ran to the tree, which had now fallen with a loud thump. I looked around nervously and then saw the carvings that my trio had carved.

"Shit! Dad, you cut through them!" I whined.

My dad removed his goggles and looked at me. "Language please," he said. He then turned to look at the carvings. "Aw, look Shadey, you can carve new ones. This baby will grow huge soon." He pulled out a new small birch tree.

"Yeah... Sure, Whatever." I mumbled, upset and angry.

"Im sorry, Champ. Here, to make it up to ya, we'll go to Marty's for dinner. Eh? How does that sound?" He smiled, fastening his worn down baseball cap.

"Okay... That sounds nice." I smiled. I loved my dad too much to be angry at him.

"Alright. Im gonna plant this tree soon. If you need anything I'm out here." I nodded and walked back inside. I was going into my room but i saw Charlie, skating with his roller skates around my room. He had a red cape on and a witch hat. He saw me and he stopped. His expression seemed like a teen getting caught by a parent while watching porn.  A very "oh shit." expression indeed.

"Charlie... what the hell are you doing?" I laughed.

"I'm a magical wizard! And you are a fabulous prince!" He said proudly.  "Put this on!" He handed me a paper crown and a feather boa. I did as he said and i grinned. "Now, mister prince! We must go- Mom said we had to play outside so... Shade can you take me to the park? Theres a demon house and i wanna gooooo!" He said with a huge grin.

"Okay. I will take you, wise wizard. Let us go!"

"YAYY! Lets go!!!"