5) magical wizard

"So, Charles, wheres this 'demon house' you were talking about?" I asked as i rode my skateboard behind my little brother. He was still on his skates but he was going pretty fast.

"Down through the forest! Its under the bridge."

"Ooo, and does a troll live in it? Is it gonna eat us?" I said. One of Charlie's favorite fables was Three Billy Goats Gruff,  his favorite book being Where The Wild Things Are.

"No, but it will eat you. You're much bigger than me. Im the tiniest billy goat gruff." Charlie giggled.

"Alright, alright, where is this bridge now?" I asked, giggling as well.

Charlie stopped and pointed. In the woods. Great.

"If we get lost this is your fault.  And Charlie, how are you not going to trip in your skates? This is da-" Charlie interrupted me.

"Look here,  Poopy Mcbuttface, I brought the backpack for a reason. Now lets stop here so we can eat a snack and change our shoes." Charlie grinned, kneeling down and pulling off his skates. Being 8, he loved to make his own insults. I, however, could curse all i wanted to.

———

"Okie dokie! Are you ready, big blubber?" He smirked.

"Big blubber, eh? You calling me fat?" I joked and snickered.

"Heeheehee." He giggled and i ran up to him and tickled him.

"RAWR IM THE TROLL UNDER THE BRIDGE! IM GONNA EAT YOU UP!"

"HAHAHAHHA!! SHADE STOP IT! HAHAH!" I stopped and grinned. My brother was still giggling. "Im a magical wizard so i cast a spell to make you be a good troll. Be a good troll." He said, tapping me on the head. "Now lets go!"

I nodded and started walking alongside him. The woods were honestly terrifying and the occasional crow was heard squawking away. The red, orange, and yellow leaves that have fallen from the trees were being stomped on. They resembled flames, cracking with each step like a campfire. Soon we got close to the bridge. It was an old, rickety, suspension bridge that stood tall above a flowing creek.  A creek i never knew about. Hell, if i knew this were here, the trio and occasionally Charlie would hang out here 24/7. Maybe we could after this adventure.

A small shack like house sat next to the bridge. It looked old but, not too old. It actually looked in good condition. Flower beds laid under the windows with flowers that bloomed a bright red color.  The yellow exterior was peeling but it still looked very beautiful with the ivy and vines growing on the side of the house. The door was bright red and it looked freshly painted. This house was beautiful. What could be so bad about it?

"Thats the house. Its ab- aba- abandwoned..?" Charlie stumbled.

"You mean abandoned?" I giggled.

"Yes. Thats what i said!"

"Okay. It looked new, how is it abandoned?"

"Well... lets go inside!" He said, sorta cheerful. But there was a slight tremble to his voice. As if the house were something to be afraid of. I stopped and looked up at the house. The way it was so out of place and looked oddly new gave me the chills. I could feel goosebumps everywhere. It was odd.

"Uh... what if someone is in there?" I asked.

"No one is. Its aban-"

"Dont hurt yourself, bud." I snickered. "Eh, why not." I said. What's the worst i could see? Angel doing her cult rituals again? Hah.

I held my skateboard in one arm and held Charlies hand. We walked onto the bridge to get to the house. The creaking was probably one of the most terrifying things ever. Every single step made it sound like the bridge would fall and break. Charlie trembled with every step.

Once we got to the other side I looked my brother in his big green eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Y-yeah! Im the great magical wizard, Charlie the Wise."

"Damn, thats a long name."

"Charlie the Wise?" He cocked his head.

"No,  'the great magical wizard, Charlie the Wise." I joked and nudged him. He giggled and slapped my arm gently.

"Haha! Shut up! Im sorry.." he mumbled about slapping my arm. He rubbed my arm.

"Its fine, buddy. Alrighty, are you ready?"

"Ready as ill ever be... but Shade, will you hold my hand?" He asked.

"Sure. The whole time. Squeeze it if you want to leave or if youre scared, okay? Your big brother's got you." I said sweetly, grabbing his hand.

He nodded and we stepped inside.