Chapter 12

(M/n)'s POV

I sat on top of a tree and whistled loudly. This was my daily routine. I always did this when everyone was asleep, far away from them or when I was all alone. Yeah, I may have by passed the fences Alexandria had up, but I really wanted to find my dogs. It was a good thing I had trained this on them before we got separated. I sat their for ten minutes before whistling again. Nothing again.

'I'll just try again later.' I thought.

I got down the tree and walked back to the fence, climbing over it. I walked around and sighed.

'Guess I have to get ready for the party.' I thought.

I walked back into our house. Standing at the door was Ron's mom.

"Hey there (m/n). Is it ok it I style your hair for the party tonight?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Sure." I answered.

I walked in and she handed me some clothing.

"Deana said to wear this there."She said.

I looked at the dress and sighed. I walked into my room and locked the door. I took of the nice outfit I wore and placed on the clothes. Once I was done getting dressed and weaponized, I walked downstairs. There, Ron's mother stood with scissors in her hands.

"Let's get your hair cut now." She said with a smile.

She led me to a chair outside and started to trim my hair, styling it how she wanted it.

"So (m/n)... You have any crushes?" She asked.

I blushed.

"Maybe." I answered slyly.

She chuckled.

"You know, even though Ron knew you for a while, he has been talking about you a lot. I think he has a crush on you." She said.

"I know. How could anyone not have a crush on someone this hot?" I asked.

She laughed. I smiled and thought about Carl. 

"Your hair is so fluffy you know that?" The lady pointed out.

"Yeah." I sighed.

The lady brushed my hair and curled it. She then handed me a mirror. I picked it up and looked at my new hairstyle.

"I like it." I said, standing up.

"Well I got to get ready, so why don't you go there with the rest of your family?" She suggested.

"Alright." I answered.

I walked to the biggest house and entered in, since the door was opened and other's were doing the same. I followed behind them and walked to the back corner. It felt weird but the family was here... Other then Daryl. 

"Hey." Someone said.

I looked up and saw Mikey.

"Hey." I said back.

"You look... nice." He started.

I raised a brow. "Just... Nice?"

"How about dashing?" 

"Now that's more like it." 

"What are you guys talking about?" Someone else said.

I looked up to see Carl and Ron.

"Small talk." I answered Ron.

"What kind of small talk? Is Mikey trying to ask you out?" Ron asked.

"No. Mikey was just complimenting me." I said.

"Then let me ask you out." Mikey persisted.

"I barely know you." I chuckled. 

"But that doesn't mean I can't try. At least that wasn't a no. Right?"

"It's not a no yet." I said as I poked his nose.

"Yes." Mikey cheered.

I giggled. "You guys are weird."

"Wow your so adorable ." Ron blurted.

"Um... thanks." I laughed.

They started talking about what video game they should play tomorrow. I somehow I ended up looking around the house, paying attention to everyone and not the people in front of me.

"(M/n)?" Carl asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

I blinked.

"Um... But I got to go now." I told them.

"But you just got here." Ron said.

"Yeah... Parties just aren't my thing... I'll see you guys around." I said before walking away.

I walked out the door and rubbed my bare shoulders. It felt better outside then in there. I walked down the stairs and onto the streets.

"Hey. Wait up." Carl said from behind. 

I turned around.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Just wanted to know why you walked out." Carl wondered.

"I'm not really used to that many people in one place." I confessed. "But don't let me ruin your fun. Why don't you go back in?"

"Alright.... By the way. You look cool tonight." Carl complimented.

I touched my arm and looked down.

"T-thanks." I stuttered.

Carl placed a jacket over me and smiled. I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked up at him. I stared at him in the eyes and gave him a small smile.

"See you later." I said.

I stood on my tip toes, kissing his cheek, before walking off. I blushed slightly and held the jacket over my body.

"You know. Today wasn't so bad."

Carl's POV

I walked back to the party dazed.

'Does that mean he likes me? Or was that just some friendship kiss?' I wondered.

I looked back at his figure.

'I need to man up and confess to him soon. I got to.'