Mornings

I've always been a morning person but today when Asclepius burst into my room cheerfully at 5 am, I must admit, I had wanted nothing more than to curl up under the covers and go back to sleep.

       "How'd I know you'd choose this room?" He mused. I was too tired to deal with this. I merely groaned in response. "Well breakfast is ready. I won't wait for you. If you miss it, you miss it." He said rather harshly

       "Where is it?" I asked him whilst under the blankets, my voice was rough and gravelly.

       "Won't tell you. Find it." He said before slamming my door shut. Rude. This place is a maze he can't just leave me here that little- Now now, Hyacinthus; this is a god you're talking about. He can do whatever he wants, he owes me nothing.

         After a while of groaning and contemplating if breakfast was even worth it, I crawled out of bed. I found a clean gold silk chiton and pulled it on. I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My long brown hair was a mess, my scar was still ugly as ever, and oh gods, I could use a shave! Although past all of my messy morning looks, my eyes still gleamed a soft violet. I looked around and found a brush, I struggled my way through my long brown curls styling it so that my hair would cover my scar. Finally I was ready. I opened the door not excited for the massive search for the dining room.

        When I opened my door however there wasn't the massive hallway I had walked through before, instead it was the dining room. Convenient. Asclepius turned to look at me, he smiled brightly and gestures to a seat across from his. I took a seat and looked down at my plate of cold pancakes. Knowing he wouldn't get me fresh ones, I ate them. He had already finished and seemed to be looking for something. Finally from his pockets he produced a long golden ribbon that matched my chiton. He pulled my hair together and wrapped it up at the back of my head, now revealing my nasty scar.

       "Lord Asclepius, if it's not too much of a trouble, would you please work your magic to heal away my scar?" I asked him calmly. I didn't like my imperfections being visible. It's something you get conscious of when you date a perfect god.

      "No Hyacinthus. Keep it on display." He said without elaborating. Why would I want it on display?! It's ghastly! I decided not to protest however and finished my pancakes. "It's back to training for you" he said setting a drachma on the table.