Richie Tozier: Silent Words

(Y/n) yelped as she hit the pavement. Her whole body flaring with pain as the little spikes dug into her skin. She sneered slightly hearing Bowers’s annoying laugh filling the startling quiet air. Her body was quivering slightly as she pushed herself up from the ground. “F-Fuck you Bowers,” (Y/n) coughed out wincing as his boot connected with her ribs and for a moment she thought she heard a sickening snap. 

Bowers yanked (Y/n) up by her hair making her cry out in pain as tears filled her eyes. Henry’s were curled back and it reminded (Y/n) of a snarling dog… She whimpered slightly realizing the trouble she got herself in. Her with her big mouth. “What was that (L/n)?” He snarled tightening his grip on her hair making her cry out in pain. 

(Y/n)’s vision blurred with tears and she could distinctly hear Victor and Belch chuckling somewhere behind Bowers. She cried out again as Bowers yanked her hair once more and something wet, she was guessing tears, spilled down her face.

“Well (L/n)? You had such a big mouth a minute ago. Tell me what you said.”

“She said fuck off so leave her alone asshole.” The new voice caught (Y/n) by surprise though she memorized that voice from anywhere. What was Richie doing here?! She looked to where she heard the voice and sure enough there stood Richie. But why weren’t the others with him? 

Bowers laughed glancing back at his friends with a sickly grin on his face. “Oh look guys four eyes here wants to save his girlfriend,” He mocked as his friends howled with laughter. However, the celebrating was short lived when a rock slammed into the side of Bower’s head. His hand let go of (Y/n)’s hair and instead held his head to see if there was blood.

Richie instantly bolted for (Y/n). His hand wrapping around hers as he tugged her away. The two made a run for it down a nearby alleyway as Bowers’s goons yelled curses as they chased after the two. (Y/n) wasn’t familiar at all with her surroundings, but she trusted Richie. So she allowed the boy to lead her away from the bullies. 

(Y/n) was quite surprised when she found out Richie had brought her to his house. (”Just until I’m sure Bowers is gone (Y/n).”) So here she sat on the edge of his bed as he went off to get some ice for her bruises. While she was gone her thoughts went back to what brought her here. You see Bowers had caught (Y/n) on her way home and decided he needed to get some anger out before he got home. She supposed she was the lucky target that day. She couldn’t help but wonder what would have happened if Richie hadn’t been there. “Probably bruised up,” She thought bitterly.

“Here (Y/n) I think this should be enough ice.” (Y/n)’s thoughts fragmented once Richie stepped into the room. His eyes glancing at the bruises on the side of her arm as he held out the ice. (Y/n) took the ice mumbling a quiet thanks as she pressed it against her side, the biggest bruise was there, and tried not to shrink under Richie’s worried gaze.

“Richie I thought you were supposed to be at the arcade with Eddie,” (Y/n) finally said voicing the thoughts that were circling in her head. She had asked Richie for help with something, it was harder to remember the specifics, but he claimed he was going to hang out with Eddie, but perhaps he could help some other day. “So why were you there?"

Richie sat down beside (Y/n) causing the bed to sink slightly. His gaze was elsewhere and his eyes never met hers as he spoke. “I was with Eddie… But I decided to head home when I saw Bowers hurting you…” (Y/n) was quite surprised at how serious Richie seemed in that moment. There was no light-heated tone to his voice not even a horrible joke or comeback. For a moment Richie Tozier seemed years older. However, it quickly vanished as he let out a small chuckle. “I can’t believe you told Bowers to fuck off though.”

(Y/n) smiled and pressed a kiss to Richie’s cheek. “I learned from the best,” She replied. A red hue spread across Richie’s face and he had to refrain himself from smiling like an idiot.

Richie was indeed ignoring (Y/n). She had tried her best to speak with the loud mouthed boy, but any attempt to do so always failed. He always found someway of escape and it bothered her to no end. It all started after that event with Bowers… What happened that could of changed their relationship so much? Did he not want to be friends anymore? (Y/n) was unsure, but it left a sickly feeling in her stomach any time she thought about it. In fact (Y/n) hardly hung out with anyone from the Losers club. It always ended up awkward considering her best friend hardly spoke a word to her anymore. So she slowly drifted away and instead spent her days in Derry’s library.

That was until she ran into Beverly outside of the library on her way home. It was a quick conversation, but she practically begged (Y/n) to join the group at the Quarry. (”Come on (Y/n) it’ll be fun!”) So she reluctantly agreed and here she was making her way through the woods trying to force her nerves down. “It’s going to be fine (Y/n) just try to ignore how weird Richie is acting,” She mentally thought as she neared the Quarry. 

“So Richie you excited that (Y/n)’s coming~” (Y/n) froze confused as to why they brought you up. It took you a moment to recognize the voice, but you were pretty sure it was Eddie. 

“Not excited as your mom was seeing me,” A voice, obviously Richie, snapped back a hint of annoyance in his voice. (Y/n) was now closer to the Quarry and could see the outline of the group. Richie was in between Bill and Eddie while Stan and Ben sat on top of a nearby Rock. Beverly however was resting on a towel among some river pebbles and was chuckling slightly at the guys’ bickering.

“Aw come on Richie! Don’t be nervous! Unless you don’t really have the balls to do it.” That was Stanley this time, which shocked you just a little but then again he was friends with Richie… Richie was good at corrupting people that way. But what was Richie planning to do?

“Oh shut it Stan. Your sister should know I have them,” Richie responded seeming angry and yet… He was fiddling with his glasses which he only did when he got nervous.

“That you have the balls to do what Richie?” Richie’s head snapped up as (Y/n) stepped out from the woods. Her mind concluded there could only be one thing that Richie was going to do. It was quite obvious at this point… “To tell me that you don’t want to be friends anymore?” Tears were gathering in your eyes now and instantly Richie on his feet.

“Of course not! That’s not- Why would you think that?” His voice was frantic and everyone was quite shocked to see the usually calm boy become an anxious mess so easily.

(Y/n) however was confused at his question and his denial over their loss of friendship. why was he avoiding her then? What was all of this even about?! “Well let’s see Richie. You’ve ignored me for weeks now for no damn reason. I try to speak with you and you quickly run off what was I supposed to think? Not to mention-” (Y/n) was cut off as Richie tugged her by her shirt and pressed his lips roughly against hers.

It was messy and not the best kiss for most people, but it was your first. So to you it was practically perfect, though you found it rude he did it while you were talking. The group was practically shell shocked as Richie pulled away with a bright crimson face. Except for Beverly she just smirked from her spot. “Look I did that because it’s nerve racking to speak with you, and I’m not at all cool or calm. Like now I’m just rambling and Jesus Christ I need to just shut up…” The longer Richie spoke the redder his face got making you chuckle slightly.

You pressed a kiss to his cheek, making the red reach to the tip of his ears. “Richie if you had said that at the beginning things would have been a lot easier,” She joked flashing him a reassuring smile.

“Does that mean-”

 “Yes Richie I like you too.”