Stan Uris: How?!

“Stanley… Your staring again I would look away before Bowers knocks you out.”

 Stanley’s whole face was tinted pink as he looked away from (Y/n) and glanced back at the group. “It’s not like Bowers owns her Eddie… Besides I was not staring,” He stated glancing back over at (Y/n) for a moment. He shook his head trying to ignore how heated his face felt when his eyes accidentally met hers.

“Oh bullshit Stanley…” Richie called out wrapping an arm around Stanley’s shoulder. His eyes studying (Y/n) for a moment as she spoke with her friends before focusing on Stanley once more. “Admit it Stanley. There’s no way in hell she actually likes you.”

“Richie! Don-Don’t be an asshole!” Bill scolded glaring at his loud mouthed friend. Sure the others often spoke about their worry about Stanley’s crush, but they never spoke their concerns out loud. They just didn’t want to crush his hope, yet Richie, as always, couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

Stanley’s shrugged Richie’s arm off struggling to keep his calm. “Oh shut up Richie. You don’t know what you’re talking about,” Stan grumbled. His hands were now wrapped tightly around the straps of his backpack. His eyes flickered to where (Y/n) was, but the girl was out of sight. 

Richie sighed and shook his head. He was tired of this. He was tired of his friends walking around the issue. (Y/n) couldn’t possibly like Stanley. She hung around Bowers way to much and it was quite obvious the girl had a thing for the bully. How could Stanley not see that? “Right cause a girl like (Y/n) is gonna go for people like us. Face it Stanley it’s a lost cause just get over her already.”

“That’s enough Richie,” It was Beverly now who spoke up. Her voice stern as she sent a glare towards Richie. Her eyes went to Stanley and her art ached for the boy as she noticed the way his lip trembled slightly, but that was the only thing that gave away how upset he was. “Stanley-”

Stanley tried to ignore the looks on his friends faces. They look of pity as if… They didn’t believe it could happen… That was it right? “You’re all wrong,” He snapped cutting Beverly off as he looked to the ground. “Your all wrong and I’ll prove it!” Stanley turned away now determined to prove his friends wrong… They couldn’t be right! 

 As  Stanley vanished out the door the group focused on Richie. Richie huffed slightly and turned towards them. His eyes showed how ashamed he was however his gaze was focused on the ground.

“You couldn’t k-keep your mouth Shuh-shut could you?”

<How?!>

Stanley let out a slight sigh as his mind wandered back to his friends. He wondered for a moment if perhaps they were right… (Y/n) was quite popular, and not to mention how beautiful she was inside and out. She could have any guy she wanted. Why would she want him if she could go with someone like Bill or heck even Richie. He was just Stanley the Jewish boy who couldn’t seem to fit in. Perhaps Stanley would of continued to doubt himself and slowly convince himself to drop the silly crush. 

If it hadn’t been the cry he heard from a street just a little ways down. He frowned slightly and hesitantly made his way to the street. He could hear one voice very clearly and one he easily recognized.

“You bitch. Did you really just try to reject me?” Bowers. The voice sent chills through Stanley and for a moment he thought he would leave. He didn’t want Bowers on his tail… Not today. However as he started to walk off someone else spoke up.

They coughed and spluttered for a moment and Stanley winced at the sound knowing they were probably hit by Bowers. “I did reject you Bowers. Go find some other girl I’m not yours,” The voice manage to croak out. Stanley’s chest tightened as he also recognized it.

(Y/n)…. Stanley’s chest tightened as he heard her let out a cry of pain and a sickening thud filled the air. “Hey leave her alone Bowers!” Stanley wasn’t sure when he rounded the corner or when exactly he spoke up, but he did remember seeing (Y/n).on the ground her eyes wide in shock.

Bowers’s eyes held nothing but fury at the intrusion. “Oh come to save your girlfriend Stan? What exactly are you going to do?” He growled stepping forward. Stanley swallowed nervously as the older boy towered over him, but he couldn’t explain what happened next.

He punched Bowers right in the jaw. It hurt his knuckles, but for awhile Stanley wouldn’t feel it. His main concern was getting (Y/n) out of there. Of course (Y/n) saw that as an opportunity to escape as well, so she quickly rose to her feet as Bowers tried to get over the shock. Stanley grabbed (Y/n)’s hand and quickly pulled her along, both of them practically sprinting to get out of there.

 “YOUR BOTH DEAD!”

Bowers’s shout would do him no good. Stanley and (Y/n) were already gone. 

<How?!>

“Thanks again Stanley,” (Y/n) mumbled sheepishly. Stanley had walked (Y/n) back to her home after the incident and so they both stood on her porch trying to find the right words to say.

Stanley smiled slightly and moved from one foot to the other nervously. “It was nothing (Y/n),” He replied quietly. 

They both studied the other for a moment unsure if one of them was going to mention the tension filling the air. (Y/n) soon realized that she wasn’t going to bring it up… She would just creep him out in her opinion. However as she turned to leave Stanley finally spoke.

“W-wait!” Stanley’s voice trembled nervously and he nearly collapsed in relief when (Y/n) actually stopped in her tracks. She turned around and tilted her head slightly urging him to continue. “(Y/n) I um… IhaveareallybigcrushonyouandI’msosorry.” 

“Stanley breathe… I couldn’t understand a single word.”

Stanley took a deep breath before letting out a sigh. His eyes were now trained to the ground as he spoke slowly, “I really really like you… in a non-friend way…”

(Y/n) was quiet for a moment slightly shocked at his confession. Stanley however took it as a bad sign and shook his head thinking dejectedly,”They were right..” 

“I like you too Stanley,” She replied grinning at the boy. She pressed a kiss to his cheek and opened the door to her home. “I’ll see you tomorrow and maybe we can go on an actual date instead of running from Bowers.” Stanley watched as (Y/n) vanished into her home and a small smile spread across his face.

Oh he could not wait to tell Richie he was wrong.