Richie: Are These Your Glasses?

Richie hit the concrete with a loud thud. His whole body ached and his vision was blurred considering his glasses went flying at some point. He could hear the Bower’s gang laughing as their footsteps faded away. Richie huffed slightly and managed to sit up, but he had no idea where he even was. Since he didn’t have his glasses the world was just a blur of grey. 

That’s right Richie still hadn’t met his soulmate. Why do you think they’re called the Losers Club? Most kids their age has already met their soulmate whether it be from traveling or because their soulmate lives in Derry. The only two in the club that can see with color is Beverly and Ben considering they’re soulmates. 

Richie heard footsteps and his body tensed slightly. The form was beyond blurred, but it didn’t seem like Bowers was back. “Hey these glasses are yours right?” A feminine voice asked. Richie tried to focus, but despite his best efforts he couldn’t focus.

“Probably… Could you just put them on me?” He asked.

“Sure.” The voice sounded hesitant about the task. He felt hands brush the side of his face as they slipped the glasses on sending electricity through his skull. He froze mouth slightly open in shock.

The girl who spoke had wide eyes a look of shock across her face which Richie probably mirrored. He could see her brilliant eyes glimmering with curiosity. Her hands were still holding onto his glasses and he noted how her cheeks became a slight pink. She drew her hands back and bit her bottom lip anxiously.

Richie grinned and held his hand out. “Well hello there sweetheart, I’m Richie Tozier.” 

The girl chuckled slightly making Richie feel all warm and fuzzy. She shook his hand. Her lips turning up in a small smile. “Hi there Richie. I’m (Y/n).” 

Richie pushed his glasses up as they started to slide down his nose. “Well (Y/n) want to get a slushee at the arcade?” He asked curiously.

(Y/n) grinned and held her hand out to him. “that sounds great honestly,” She replied. Richie grabbed her hand and she helped him up. 

Richie let go of her hand and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. His heart was pounding in his chest as he lead her away.