3. Seeing Him

Court was driving me to Brads- i mean our house. Thinking about the fact i was leaving made me sick, but i can't carry on like this.
I fell asleep in the car due to the fact last night was not the best.

"jen, jen babes." I feel someone gently shake my body, it was just Courteney.
"We are here" she says.
I take a minute to gather my thoughts and then opened the car door. There was no going back now. Walking up the drive way was the longest and scariest moment of my life. I finally got to the door but was hesitant to knock on it, then i thought, why do i need to knock, it's still my house. right?

I walked straight into the house. I looked around me and i didn't see Brad, it was quiet as well. The hallway just at the side of the stairs was extremely messy. Why? i've been gone for a day, can he not take care of himself? I was about to walk up the stairs and i hear a voice.
"jen? you didn't even ask to-"
I turn around.
"excuse me?"

"you uh, didn't knock or anything."

"are you serious?" i laughed.
"This is my house to if you haven't forgot!"

"You left so."

"You cheated Brad!" i snapped.
"Why the fuck am i the one moving out when you! you cheated!"

"Here we go again, pointing the blame at me"

"because it was your fault Brad! I loved you! actually no, i love you. I was so happy with you, do you think i wanted this to happen? I was excited to have a family with you, a future." I cried.
"I don't know why i didn't see this coming. Every time you came home, you completely ignored me. I cooked for you, cleaned all your fucking shit off the floor and washed it. I laid your clothes out for work! I did everything for you Brad and you just ignored me.

"Jen i- i'm so sorry i didn't realise how much of a prick i've been"

"I don't know how we got here" i said still crying.

"I'll get my stuff and leave, you stay here. I don't deserve it." He rushes past me upstairs.

I don't even know what just happened. I was only coming for my stuff. My body just collapsed on the floor, i couldn't breathe.
"jen oh my god what just happened" court says.
"breathe baby please, deep breaths" Courteney runs towards me and holds me tight. I'm crying so hard but slowly getting my breath back.
"keep breathing slowly, in and out" She tries her best to calm me.

After a few minutes of crying, i finally manage to get up. I didn't want Brad to see me like this.

"Court, should i go help him?"

"No jen, you've done enough for him babe. Come with me in the kitchen."

So that's what i did, i waited in the Kitchen until Brad was done. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs, quite violently actually. Then the door slammed. I feel tears forming again. I've lost him. Forever.