~2

Finn

When Jack and I enter the guest room, it is too dark to see anything. We both don't bother to find the light switch and find we don't need to.

Jack is giggling about absolutely nothing while I smile in the darkness.

Caleb beat us to the room, already tucked under the covers and snoring.

I could feel the effects of the alcohol loosening it's hold on me while I'm not sure I can say the same for Jack.

"Finn, Finn, come here." Jack whispered from the bed. I didn't even realize he'd made it to bed. I walked over to him, trying not to laugh at his drunkenness.

"I need to tell you something," he pauses briefly to burp. I should of made Jack eat more food before drinking. "Important." Jack claims. "You gotta come closer, though." I can't see his face, but I just know hes wearing a smile.

I went closer.

"How many octopi do you think live in the jungle? I'm thinking two. Stewart little and Jupiter." He giggled, his brown hair bounced as he chuckled.

"What the fuck?" I laughed, looking at my best friend. What an absolute idiot he is.

"Honest- hold that thought." He gulped, sprinting to the bathroom. "What goes down must come up." He threw up. I cringe at the sounds of him throwing up but I know I should be there to help him. I walk into the bathroom after him.

I was not a fan of puke but this was Jack and I was willing to make sacrifices for him. "Doesn't it go what goes up must come down?" I corrected, kneeling beside him and placing a comforting hand on his back.

He admittedly turned pale with a green hue to him. "If that's what you want to think." He spits into the toilet, resting his head on his outstretched arm.

I sigh.

"Okay, let's go to bed." I stand up and start helping Jack stand up, not knowing but knowing he'd be too weak.

Jack can make me the drunkest I've ever been or the most sober.

"Carry me." He demanded like a little baby.

I feel heat rise to my cheeks and I cough to cover the awkwardness I'm feeling in that minute. We're talking softly but what if Caleb can hear? What if he makes assumptions?

I swallow my pride and everything else wanting to surface this moment and I carry him to bed and lay him next to Caleb. I untucked the covers and go under. "Goodnight, Finnie." His hazel eyes closed, drifting off into a slumber.

He's going to have the worse hangover ever.

Noah

Millie and I make our way to Wyatt's parents' room. I didn't bother looking around, I sought out the bed and making Millie as comfortable as I could.

We sit on the edge of the bed in silence. I look over at Millie and examine her. She looked broken and I knew it was my job to fix her.

"Are you okay, Millie?" I ask, considering what happened a few minutes ago would certainly make a person not okay.

She takes a minute to collect herself, after all, she hardly knew me. Today, I was just the guy staring at her from across the room and now we're all alone in a bedroom together. "Yeah, I'm fine." She quietly spoke, playing with her fingers in her lap.

"You don't need to lie, not to me." I assured her. I needed her to know I wasn't him. I'll never be him.

"I feel like the bad guy." She starts to tear up and I can't even begin to imagine what's going on inside her mind at this moment but I can't help but want to sell my soul to make it go away. Whatever pain she is facing, that is.