~5

Jack

"Jaeden, wake up, we're going to be late for school. Fuck, where did I put my coffee!" I screamed, rushing around the house.

"I think you had enough coffee." Finn yawned, sitting up from the couch we both fell asleep on.

"Jack, I swear if you keep screaming our neighbors are going to call the cops." Jaeden mumbled, waking up.

"Where's my mother freaking shoe." I yelled slightly quieter.

"He was born to scream." Finn laughed at Jaeden.

"And end up in jail." Jaeden sassed, rolling his eyes.

"Thanks, Jae Jae. Now help me find my fucking shoe." I hollered.

"It's in your hand, dip shit." Jaeden pointed to my hand as he through on a new shirt.

"Shit." I mumbled, putting my shoe on.

Jaeden took his car going to pick up Caleb, Noah, and probably Millie. And Finn and I were going to pick Sophia up. We picked Sophia up and of course she wasn't quiet, neither was I, but still.

"Guess what?" Sophia exclaimed.

"What!" I mocked.

"No need for sarcasm, Grazer. But anyways, Wyatt's going to be joining our friend group." She clapped, waiting for us to share the same eager response.

"What? Why?" Finn asked.

"Because after Wyatt saved Noah he lost his friends while doing it, so as a thank you we welcomed him into our friend group." Sophia explained.

"Oh, what would Jaeden sa-" Finn started, getting cut off by me.

"We all know what he's going to say." I point out, shrugging as I look out the window. It was a nice morning but it was obvious it was going to rain.

"But we're not sure about Jaeden. I think since Noah told us what he said, Jaeden might be a little better about it." Sophia added.

"But Jaeden's stubborn and he's not the only one with trust issues." I stepped in.

"We know his dad left him before he was born and his mom is always working but at least he didn't get to know his parents and have them leave." Sophia argued.

"Yeah but at least Wyatt got to know his parents." I reminded.

"No one has a picture perfect life, especially not us." Finn concluded.

We got to school and met up with Jaeden, Caleb, Noah, and Millie.

Jaeden

"Are we picking up Millie?" I asked Noah.

"Um, yeah." Noah answered, a blush coating his cheeks.

"Just ask her out already." I told Noah, nudging his shoulder. His blush only grows deeper.

"I want to. I'm scared she'll say no." He shrugs, staring ahead.

"I know she likes you, man. Have you seen the way she looks at you?" I wiggled my eyebrows in attempt to build his self-esteem. We were silent for a while before Caleb spoke up.

"Oh, Jaeden, Wyatt's also joining our friend group." Caleb changed the subject.

"What? He hates me!" I yelled, taking my eyes off of the road to look at Caleb to make sure he wasn't lying.

"Jaeden, I told you what he said to me, he has trust issues." Noah announced, defending Wyatt.

"So do I, that's why I don't want him into our friend group." I complained, taking a turn into Millie's neighborhood.