~14

Caleb

When I woke up I had no idea where I was and no recollection about anything that occurred last night. Until it hit me. I fucking kissed Gaten. I got out my phone and the time read 8 a.m. I knew the guys were sleeping and I also knew I should probably get off this bench. I texted the guys saying I was okay and that I was heading home.

When I got home no one was there, of course. I walked to my room and sat on my bed repeating, "Im Caleb and I like girls." Over and over again, but it didn't feel right. So I changed it: "I'm Caleb and I like Gaten." And It felt right. I knew it wasn't like my friends wouldn't except me because, well, they're gay themselves, but it was my family, society, Gaten, myself.

What is going on with me? I tried thinking of the last girl I liked and I remembered Sophia. But then I thought I didn't like her the way I like Gaten. I just stared at the wall; hoping it would magically come to life and give me the answers I needed.

I lost my thoughts when something made a noise at my window. So I went over and I thought it was Noah because we used to sneak into each other's rooms, thinking we were the worlds greatest spy's. When I opened the window it was Gaten waiting there.

"What are you doing here?" I curiously asked.

"I don't know. I went outside and I couldn't stop walking until I got here."

"I'm so sorry about last night." I apologized.

"I don't know what's going on with me and I'm trying to figure it out and-" I was cut off by Gaten smashing his lips to mine.

"Well I guess I'm here to help." Gaten broke apart.

"And once you get that cast off and school starts up things will go back to normal." Gaten added, turning my frown into a smile.

"I hope so." I shrugged. I know after this past break, so much has happened. I will not be the same Caleb that had once walked into that school. I will be a new one.

"Me too. A lot has happened." Gaten sighed.

"You have me and all the losers." I assured Gaten.

"Thank you."

"Gaten?"

"Yes."

"What's happening to me?"

"You're finding your true self."

"But what if my family doesn't accept me?"

"You'll have me. And like you said, all the losers."

"One more thing."

"Yeah."

"What are we?"

"Whatever you want us to be." Gaten smirked, causing heat to rush up to my cheeks.

"Whatever we are, can we keep it a secret? I'm not ready."

"Of course."

"Thank you."

"It's Fine. I mean, I was in your spot. And so was Wyatt, Jaeden, Jack, and Finn. You're lucky all your friends have been through this. It makes it easier to understand."

"Well I'm fucking tired. Do you want to watch a movie?" I suggested.

"Yeah me too. Sure"

"I slept on a bench last night." I randomly brought up.

"Why? It's cold? You could have gotten hurt. Why didn't you call me?" Gaten rambled.

"Because you ran away."