Chapter twelve

SMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Luke stood outside of the school before class, having a quick drag. As he blew smoke out of his mouth he spotted Calum and Ashton walking towards him. Calum had a large bruise, similar to Michael's, and Ashton was all cut up. Luke sighed and pushed himself off the wall.

"What do you want?" He asked, putting out his smoke.

"To give you this," Calum said, reaching into his pocket and handing him a piece of paper.

Luke unraveled the paper and Ashton spoke as Luke did so. "He's a creep, Luke, he's obsessed with you!" 

"This is amazing," Luke was looking down at a drawing in his hand. It was clearly of him, and Michael's name was scribbled at the bottom of the page.

"Amazing?" Both Calum and Ashton said in union.

"Yes it is," Luke said, looking at the two.

"Well check this out! He wrote about you too," Ashton said, handing the ripped up journal.

"You ripped his journal? What a dick move," Luke said, pulling it from Ashton's hands. "Well, I can't read cursive, but who really cares? If he wants to write about me, let him write about me."

"You don't understand!" Calum shouted.

"You know what, Cal? I do. Now I have to get to class. And I never want you two to speak to me again, or a door wont be the only thing broken, got it?" Luke sneered, turning around and walking into the school.

***

"Hey can we work at my place today? Ariel can't stay after school today and my mom's going out with some friends," Michael asked.

"Yeah, that's cool," Luke said.

Michael climbed onto Luke's handle bars and held on tight. The ride to the school was short and Ariel was already waiting outside for them.

"That looks fun! Can I try?" She asked, talking about riding on the handle bars. Michael looked at Luke.

"Yes of course, hop on!" Luke smiled at her.

Michael helped Ariel onto the bike. 

"Hold on tight," Luke said, riding slower than he normal would, making sure he wouldn't hurt Ariel. 

Ariel giggled the whole way home and both Luke and Michael smiled, watching her having the time of her life. The ride soon came to an end and Ariel jumped off. 

"Thanks, Lukey!" Ariel squealed and ran inside.

Luke looked at Michael. "Lukey?" He asked, getting off of his bike. 

Michael shrugged. "Don't ask me, I didn't come up with it."

The two walked into the house and Karen greeted them at the door. 

"Wow, mom, you look amazing!" Michael grinned, she was wearing the new dress she bought for herself.

Karen twirled. "I know, right?" She laughed. "Alright, I gotta go! There's money for pizza on the counter and Luke is welcome to stay for some if he wants. Now be good!" 

With that, Karen left leaving the three of them alone. Michael removed his shoes and went to the kitchen to set up their work. Luke soon followed. Ariel was sitting at the table too and Michael looked up at her.

"Go do your homework, or play with some toys, and then when we're done I'll order the pizza, alright?" Michael said to her.

Ariel nodded and wandered off. Michael opened the math text book and handed Luke the assignment sheet. Luke instantly groaned.