Chapter fifteen

Michael sat outside of the gym, tapping his foot. He had completed his final exam over an hour but Luke was still in there. He glanced at his phone and sighed. He was starting to get worried for Luke, there were only fifteen minutes left to write. But as if on cue, the gym doors swung open and out came Luke.

Michael hopped up to his feel and quickly scanned Luke's face for a reading. But then, Luke smiled, which caused Michael to smile and run into his arms.

"I did it, Mikey. The exams are done, I made it," Luke said, holding Michael tightly.

Michael looked up at Luke. "So you think you passed?"

Luke nodded. "I'm sure. I did what you told me to do. I took my time, when I got confused, instead of worrying and drawing time out by sticking to that question, I moved to the next. I took deep breaths when I felt anxious. And I did it, I got through it."

Michael buried his face into Luke's chest. "I'm proud of you. Now we have to suffer half a week until we get the news for sure. Me for my scholarship and you for your graduation. But I'm sure we've got this."

Luke pushed Michael back gently so he could look at him. "Your scholarship? You didn't tell me you're trying for a scholarship!"

Michael rubbed his neck. "I didn't want to distract you. It's nothing huge, I just need to stay with an average of ninety or more and I'm good."

"Michael. Why didn't you tell me? You've been so focused on getting me to pass instead of getting you to get ninety or higher! Which is like, way higher that a fifty!" Luke said.

Michael giggled which caused Luke to look confused. "Lukey, you do realize that we take a lot of the same classes, right?"

Luke shrugged. "What does that have to do with anything?"

Michael giggled more. "You're lucky you're cute. Me, helping you study, with the subjects that I'm taking as well, is classified as studying for me too."

Luke pursed his lips. "Oooooh. That makes sense," he said and pulled Michael back into a tight hug.

The gym doors once again swung open and Luke and Michael turned their heads to see Calum walk out. Michael felt Luke tense and suddenly got insecure. They hadn't really been touchy in public so he pulled back, but wanted to comfort Luke, so gently took his hand, which Luke squeezed gently.

Calum stood for a moment, glancing between the two and their hands. "I totally fucking failed that exam," Calum said, which caused Luke to let out a laugh and Michael to smile a little bit. "Anyways, I hope you two did alright."

With that, Calum walked away from them. Michael looked up at Luke and he just shrugged. That was the first time Calum had said anything to Luke since the fight. It was also the first time that Luke and Michael had been seen doing anything affectionate.

***

Michael laid on his stomach on his bed and Luke laid on his back beside him, tossing his water bottle up to the ceiling and catching it again. Michael stared at his laptop screen and kept refreshing the page.

"It's literally 1:04, our grades are supposed to be up by 1:00," Michael whined.

Luke tossed his water bottle up again and caught it. "It's only been four minutes. They'll be up by two."

Michael groaned. "Why aren't you having any kind of emotion towards this?? I'm freaking out here."

Luke held his bottle still. "I'm nervous, I'm just so dead inside that I don't show any emotion anymore."

"Oh shut up. You show happiness the second I walk in the room," Michael teased.

"You caught me there," Luke chuckled and tossed the water bottle again.

"You also show annoyance, anger, lust, love, sadness, frustration," Michael listed.

"Oh shut up," Luke chuckled and went to roll over to kiss Michael but Michael screamed before he could, causing Luke to hold his actions.

"They're up!" Michael yelled and sat up quickly clicking on them. Then yelled again. "All A's! I did it!"

Luke sat up this time. "Yes baby!"

"Check yours! Check yours!" Michael yelled.

"Okay! Okay!" Luke mocked, grabbing his phone and fumbling for the site.

"Well??" Michael wined after a minute.

"C, C+, B and A!" Luke yelled.

Michael squealed and jumped on Luke, pushing him back on the bed. "We did it! We're all graduating!"

"And its all thanks to you, baby," Luke said, Michael felt the butterflies at the petname.

"You had a big part in it, I'm so proud of you, Lukey."

"I love you," Luke whispered and leant up, kissing Michael deeply.

It was all going to be okay, and they both knew that, and it felt fucking amazing.

Hehehe two more chapters and an epilogue:)