nineteen | a bonfire seems like the answer

"If you're lost you can look--and you will find me

"If you're lost you can look--and you will find me. Time after time
If you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
Time after time"

Time after Time
By Cindy Lauper (1983)

"Holy shit." Valerie jumped down the hole with Steve following shortly after and the two looked around the tunnels that had bits of dust or other foul substances floating in the air as if it was snow. Valerie walked towards Mike who fumbled around with a hand-drawn map from Will and Joyce's diagram in his palm."Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way." He pointed his touch in the direction in front of them causing Dustin to scoff loudly at his comment. "You're pretty sure, or you're certain?" Dustin snarkily asked. Valerie slapped the back of his head causing him to hit her arm back with a glare on his face. "I'm 100% sure. Just follow me and you'll know." Mike and the rest started walking causing Valerie and Steve to protest loudly. Valerie ran towards the front and snatched the map out of Mike's hand, Steve close behind her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey, hey. I don't think so." Steve said taking the map out of Valerie's hands causing her to glare at him and cross her arms."What? You don't think I can read a map?" Valerie asked causing Steve's next words to splutter out as he tried to maintain eye contact with her piercing eyes."What?" Mike asked causing the two teens to turn to him as he asked the simple question. "Any of you little shits die down here, I'm getting the blame. Got it, dipshit? From here on out, I'm leading the way. And Valerie, I think you can read the map a lot better than me so here you go, sorry. You'll be beside me." Valerie smiled as Steve handed her the map with ease causing her to grab it and analyze the directions.

"Come on, let's go," Valerie said as she walked forward, her flashlight remaining on the piece of paper. "Come on. Hey, a little hustle." Steve yelled at the kids behind her causing her to look up and behind her and see how they run frantically closer to the eldest one of the group. The group walked quickly as they made their way through what felt like a million tunnels, Steve and Valerie in the front, making sure that they were going in the right direction. "God," Lucas said as they admired the roof of the tunnel, seeing disgusting looking things that seemed to be moving slightly, but Valerie was almost certain that she was imagining it. At least she hoped she was imagining it.

"What is this place?" Max asked causing Valerie too to become transfixed on the walls that appeared to be lathered in gunk and vines. "Guys, come on. Keep moving." Valerie followed along with Steve, pointing out to him that they were almost there before they heard Dustin start screaming, sending Valerie into panic mode. "Shit! Help! Help! Help!" Valerie without thinking, sprinted back down the tunnel to find her brother who screamed. "Dust!" She saw him running towards her but fell to the ground causing her to quickly lean over and try to console him. The rest of the group ran up behind her as she was squat down, patting his back.