Awakening {Chapter 18}

Carrie Ann:

"Maggie! I knew you would wake up!" I laughed, tears of joy rolled down my face. "Maggie," the doctor said "can you talk to us?" Maggie's eyes filled with tears and her eyes flew around the room. Locking eyes with Luke. "C-cowboy?" she said, in a small, raspy voice. Luke laughed, tears rolling down his face as well. She recognized him!

He kissed her forehead, and I held her hand. Not feeling a bit jealous, because I shouldn't! He loved me! He was just really caring. Maggie muttered something. "What is it darlin'?" Luke asked. He leaned close to her face. She again muttered something. He quietly responded. He turned to face me, a huge smile on his face.

Luke:

Maggie whispered in my ear, "Do you love her?" I replied, "More than anything." She smiled and I turned to face Carrie Ann. "What did she say?" I asked pleadingly. "I can show you..." I replied. That's when I got down on one knee and grasped her soft and elegant hands. The doctor ran out of the room and came back with three nurses. "Luke?" Carrie Ann looked down on me, tears falling down her face. "I want to tell you this Carrie Ann..." I said

Carrie Ann:

"I want to tell you this Carrie Ann. Maggie asked me if I loved you. And I do. I want to be with you. I want to be your only guy. Your best friend, besides Maggie," he laughed, and continued "and I want to grow old with you. With our beautiful children I know we WILL have. And I want to be your husband Carrie Ann. I want to love you forever and ever, even after we die, and we meet in heaven again. It's only been a few days since we met. But I am completely and utterly crazy about you. I want to be yours, and I know you want to be mine. It was... Love at first sight of you. And I can't get over your elegance, even when you're crying. Your perfect lips match up when you kiss me. And yeah, when we make love, that it's not just sex. It's Love. And Carrie Ann I love you so much. So will ya do it? Will ya marry me?"