Our Dream {Chapter 92}

*One Month Later*

Carrie Ann: “Luke come on. You have to work with me.” I was trying to help him up the steps. One month since his accident and his body physically has not recovered. And still no sign of my crazy brother. I shuffled him up the stairs. “We need something different.” I mumbled. “Something different?” He questioned. “Yeah. Not so many stairs.” He suddenly stopped moving. “Is our house just not good for you? What I picked isn’t good enough for you?” “No! I didn’t mean that! I love our home! It’s just hard with us being hurt or sick to get up these damn stairs.” He stopped. “You think we should move?” “I just think we should find something more, I don’t know, capable. I just don’t our baby to fall sometime, especially down these stairs.” “You’re right. He could start walking anytime soon.” “He’s only two months Luke!” “Never know!” I groaned slightly pushing him up the stairs. “Fuck this.” He turned around and started to head back down. Tripping leaving me to run down and catch him. “YOU are too WEAK! Stop and let me HELP!” “DON’T CALL ME WEAK.” He shuffled past me. “I’m sorry.” I mumbled. “No I am.” He got down on the main floor and plopped on the couch. “I’m calling the bank.” “Why?” “Finding out how much money we have!? We have bills Carrie Ann! Insurance doesn’t cover anything.” “Luke. Let me.” I grabbed the phone and called the bank. Being put through to the president. He told me something I would have never thought. I walked back into to the living room. “What is it?” “Did… did you pay off our loans and your medical bill?” He sat straight up. “What?” “You heard me.” “No. Why?” “Someone did. And we- well. We are debt free.” “Who?” “I-I don’t know! The President of the Bank said everything was paid off this morning.”

Luke: Who in the hell paid it all off? I stood up. “Do we have any money left Carrie Ann?” “I forgot to ask.” I snatched the phone and dialed the bank back. They put me instantly through. I asked for the balance in my account. “Sir. It looks like you have a total of 45,000 dollars in your account.” He said with a slight chuckle. My mouth dropped. “That-That’s how much I have.” “Yes sir. It seems a large deposit was made this morning. By a Mr. Billy Currington.” I nearly choked. “Thank you.” I clicked the phone and laid it back down. “How much?” Carrie Ann asked. “We have 45,000 dollars.” “W-What?” “WE HAVE 45,000 DOLLARS.” “Are you serious!?” “I got paid on my song!” I clicked on the radio immediately, and listened, switched between channel and channel. I stopped. “THE BIG HIT. GOOD DIRECTIONS BY BILLY CURRINGTON HIT NUMBER ONE THIS WEEK. TAKE A LISTEN.” The song I wrote began to play. “Baby. This is it.” I turned to Carrie Ann. Tears welled in her eyes. “We have it Luke. Our dream.” “No baby, it was mine!” I smiled. “Ours Luke.” She grabbed my hands and kissed them. “Everything that you want, I want… Our dream.”