Chapter 21

As you reached the group, the guys there looked at you. You bowed politely. "I'll be joining your group. Please treat me well." You said and looked up to them. You guys discussed about the strategy and position, and you were going to be one of the starters. Before the game started, you walked towards Semi who sat alone on a bench. "Semi-san." Semi looked up to you. "What?" "I've been wondering.." You said and averted your gaze to the floor. "Even during the self introduces, you seemed to have lack of confidence. And it seems that you don't see yourself as useful." Semi looked at you with his eyes wide, and tears almost escape his eyelids.

"I..." You looked at him and saw him looking down. "I used to be the official setter of the team.. But then Shirabu came, and I lost my place. At least that's what I thought. Shirabu deserves that position more than I do." Then, warm tears started to wet the setter's cheeks. "I won't be able to serve the team well anymore."

"There are always a reason for someone's existence." You said, cupping the older's cheeks to make him look at you, and Semi looked at you with a shocked expression and a tears stained face. "And I believe you do have a special reason, too." Semi bit his lips as he tried his best to hold in the tears that were threatening to fall. "Come on."

"The game is starting. Can't afford to have our precious setter lose his energy from crying, right?" You said with a smile painted on your face, and Semi's expression lits up. "You're right." He forced a smile, a sincere yet painful smile.

You inhaled and exhaled as you hold tight on the ball in your hand. Your team got to serve first. You slowly took a deep breath and threw the ball in the air. You moved your feet forward, catching up to the ball and when you reached the line, you jumped high and smacked the ball with all of your might.

"I got this!" Yamagata shouted from across the net. Much to his dismay, the ball hitted the ground next to him, not giving the libero a chance to move even a step, or even putting his arms in a recieving position.

The gym went silent, and all gazes were set on the slightly bouncing ball, before turning at you. Even Saitou, who was the refree for the game was in shock. Everyone knew that Yamagata was a great libero. After gaining back his senses, Saitou blew the whistle, signalling that your team gained the first point.

Then, the sound of excited screamings echoed throughout the gym. "Sorry! I should have reacted faster!" Yamagata said to his team. "It's alright. Unexpected things appear often." Reon said. "Especially when it comes from a person full of secrets."

When the whistle blew, you did another strong serve, which allowed your team to gain another point. Unfortunately, the opposing team was able to return the ball on your third serve. The game went on smoothly, and you hadn't spike any tosses yet.

You approached Semi. "Semi-san." Semi looked at you. "Can you.. Toss to me after this?" You looked in his eyes with a look of determination and desperation in your eyes. Semi flashed a smile. "Okay." You smiled at him, and Semi blushed which went unnoticed by you.

Kawanishi served the ball, and one of your teammates was able to recieve it. The ball went to Semi, as the setter looked at you. Your eyes flashed the determination look that shocked him. Without hesitation, Semi called out to you, and tossed the ball.

'Nice.' You thought as you licked your lips.

'A perfect toss..'

You approached the net in a normal speed, and slowly getting faster in your steps.

'..for a..'

You jumped as high as you could when you were only a few centimetres away from the net, your hand was already in position. Tendou was right infront of you from across the net, and he was seemingly going to be able to stop your spike, but you won't let that happen.

'..perfect spike!'

You smacked the ball hard, even harder than your first serve during the game. The ball hitted Tendou's hand, but the ball went through and connected with the hard ground. Tendou stumbled backwards and fell, landed on his butt. He looked at you, shocked painted all over his face. You stared back at the male while panting.

Your slightly parted lips slowly turned into a smirk. "Get ready."