Chapter 27

"Ahhhh!!! Big lose!" Bokuto screamed as he threw his body on the ground, shirt drenched with sweats from both the game and the penalty. Shiratorizawa had won the first two sets, immediately putting an end to the practice game (with both you and Ushijima scoring almost all the points). Akaashi passed the ace a water bottle, the latter took it almost immediately and gulped down the contains of it. "They're insane. (M/n)'s doing great, too. Way too great, I mean." Akaashi said. "Right?! It was as if he has Ushiwaka's blood running in his veins! They're insane!" Bokuto said in a somewhat complaining tone, claiming that it wasn't fair. "Wanna go greet (M/n) before he go back?" Akaashi asked, to which the older nodded his head eagerly.

After Bokuto finished his drink (and threw the bottle away, to which Akaashi almost glared at him for doing so), both setter and ace went to where Shiratorizawa players we're sitting at. Once seeing you, Bokuto almost shouted in excitement but no sound was able to escape his lips as Akaashi put a hand over his mouth, almost slapping the older.

You looked at the two with a smile decorated on your face, completely ignoring the jealous glares from the members of Shiratorizawa. Akaashi smiled at you, before motioning you to come over.

"About the upcoming camp.." Akaashi began, to which you averted your gaze towards the second year. "Are you coming? I mean, like, the others are hyped to see you again. With other Karasuno members, of course." "I'll come. But Shiratorizawa's having a training camp, too. So I'll be there late, though.. Maybe on the second day of the camp?" You said, thinking about your plan of management of time for the golden week. You couldn't miss playing with the other schools again, but due to the agreement, of course you won't be allowed (by Washijou, yes) to miss the training camp with Shiratorizawa.

(And spare that you could use this chance to see Sem-)

You mentally shook that thought out of your mind, faint blushes creeping on your face, thinking about your oh-so crush. "You're okay?" Akaashi asked, to which you managed to laugh and shrugged it off, claiming that everything's alright.

You chatted with the Fukurodani's players for a little while before finally decided to go back to your temporary teammates. Not long after, you was preparing to go back to Miyagi. After bidding farewell to Fukurodani players and boarding the bus (carefully choosing a spot so that you could sleep peacefully). The bus soon departed, leaving the school building untill it was finally out of your field of view.

You finally had yourself seated comfortably on your seat once Fukurodani Academy building was no longer to be seen. A sigh escaped your lips. One after another, more challenges were supposedly to approach anytime soon. Even though you promised to no one else but yourself that the final year of middle school would be the last, and yet here you are again. Kept struggling with volleyball.

Yet, you couldn't bring yourself to hate volleyball. You've changed so much, after meeting all those dorky crow-like-humans. A smile silently made it way up your features. You probably have missed practicing with Karasuno.

~

When you arrived in Miyagi that evening, around 5, you decided to pay Karasuno's volleyball gym a visit (as you use it as an excuse to escape from Washijou's sudden instruction for a short practice session). When you slide open the metal door to the gym, which was somehow unlocked, you was greeted with all your team-mates having a practice match against each other.

"Ah! (M/n)!" Daichi was the first to greet you, as all attention was put upon you. "How's Tokyo? And what are you doing here?" The captain asked. "We won. The match against Fukurodani." You answered as you made your way inside the gym, towards the other. "And I'm here, well, somehow I missed you guys. It's been so long since I last had a practice with you guys." You smiled, to which some of them actually exploded.

"Up for a round of volleyball?" Daichi said again, a smile plastered on his face as he was holding a volleyball in his hand. You grinned. "Of course." You said as you took off your jacket and left it on the floor as you headed for the court.