Chapter 25

It was one of Shiratorizawa's weekend practice that you had to join, since the upcoming match with Fukurodani was just around the corner. Anyone could tell that you were excited, even though you rarely do show it, but the look in your eyes could explain everything, and no words were needed at all.

"By the end of today practice, I will announce the people who will go to Tokyo for the upcoming match against Fukurodani." Some cheered, while some groaned, knowing how it was hard to be a part of the match, not even the benchwarmer. Meanwhile, you could feel that your heart was thumping in excitement. "You sure are excited." Tendou said as he approached you. You nodded your head eagerly. "Of course!"

That practice, you gave the best you could, showing just how eager you were to go to the match with Fukurodani. Of course- Karasuno- and even you had played against the powerhouse before, but it'll surely be interesting seeing a showdown between to schools which both are considered a powerhouse. You played, and the others could see just how much you improved (though it may be just a little since you were already that 'strong' from the very beginning).

By the end of the game, the coach called out for everyone to gather. Everyone did so, as Washijou looked around and finally started talking. "For I have decided who will be going to our upcoming match against Fukurodani, I'll be announcing the names now."

"First, Wakatoshi." Everyone groaned at the name. Of course he'll be going. Washijou shushes them and proceed on calling out the names. "Reon, Satori, Hayato, Shirabu, Taichi, Tsutomu.." You could hear Tendou and Goshiki screaming in the back. "And last but not least, (M/n)." Groans soon filled up the gym, and though your name was called, something seemed to be missing.

"W-what about Semi-san? I-is he not going to go to the g-game?" You suddenly shouted out, gathering everyone's attention again. All eyes were on you, and so does Washijou's, but he later on averted his gaze towards Semi, who looked at him too. "Semi, you say?" The head coach started.

"He's not good enough for this."

The statement made everyone gasp, and you could actually hear your heart breaking again. "You guys are now dismissed." After the dismissal, the chosen players quickly surround Semi, all looking very concerned (though Ushijima doesn't show it). They gave Semi some comforting words (maybe might as well exclude Shirabu in this), while you stood still in your place, trying to actually understand what had just happened. Wasn't Semi good enough, though? In your eyes, Semi was the human embodiment of perfection. Thoughts went wild in your already complicated mind. And that was until a voice brought you back to the cruel reality. "(M/n)?" It was Semi, and you looked at him, tears pooling inside your eyes. Semi flashed a seemingly very painful smile. "Can we like, talk for a moment?"

You sat on a bench as Semi was buying you guys some drink from the vending machine. He then came back, handing you a drink. "Here." He said, while you muttered a small 'thanks' for him to hear. He sat down beside you, letting a moment of silence pass by before he finally started talking. "About earlier.." You was paying attention to what he was about to say. "Thank you for, you know, being concerned about me. Though I was really fine with not going. He's right. I'm not good enough. After all, you have Shirabu with you." "It's not alright, Semi-san!" You looked at him. "You're a great setter, and I know you are just good enough to go to the match. Even.. Even if you're only a benchwarmer, I wish you could go! To prove that you are good enough for the team! How could you give up so easily?"

You screamed, feeling your tears at the verge of falling down. Semi chuckled lightly as he ruffled your (brunette, blonde, etc.) locks. "You're right. But maybe this is not my luck. Maybe next time, we'll surely go together, okay?" You looked down, tears pooling inside your eyelids as you pouted, very, very cutely in a sulking manner. "Promise?"

Semi smiled. It was a very calm smile which you admitted, you missed it so much that you could look at that smile all day long. "I promise." Semi said. "But I want you to make sure you give all your best and beat Fukurodani. For yourself, for us, a and also for me."

You finally pulled yourself together to look into Semi's eyes, as a smile finally made its way up your features.