Part 3

Harry's P. of V.

     "Big, it is too big" fear courses through me; I sit up trying to find my glasses.  The room is softly lite with candles, though this makes it seem even scarier to me.  My eyes dart back and forth I need somewhere safe to hide, someplace small and dark.  There, quickly I drag the blanket with me to the wardrobe; once I have curled inside with the door shut I am able to get my breath under control.  HE can not fit in here.  Carefully, I sort through my thoughts until I remember that this is now my home, this is a safe home and HE cannot find nor enter my home.

     Pregnant!  They claimed I am with child, but I am only a child at eleven my self.  A baby, I am gonna be a mom but that means HE will be the father. "NOOOOOO no no no no no." I am trying not to yell or scream. "no no no no...."  Suddenly, the doors are pulled open and arms are encircling my small frame.  Pulled out of my nest right into a firm hug I can hear someone talking to me.  I can not really hear what he is saying but I can feel his magic and it helps to soothe my nerves.  Slowly, the fear softens with each soft stroke on my back, then I feel the softer pull of sleep to return to the embrace of the darkness.

Morning.

     I am on a bed, curled up in a thick blanket being held by someone.  My eyes blink in the soft light and soft snores fill the dawn.  To wake up feeling warm, safe this must be a dream; these thoughts cause me to giggle because I have rarely woken up feeling safe in such a long time.  The arm around me tightens around my waist, I stop giggling as I find I am in a bed with someone, Bill I think, the redhead guy he promised safety for my baby and I.  Moving around I notice his arm is wrapped around my waist; he loosens his grip as I shift to sit up through his arm remains looped warmly, softly keeping me near.  My eyes shift downwards to look at my rather flat, not even much muscles to be seen, clearly sunk in the waist and I wonder if it is real; if it is possible for there to be a child in such a small underfed person.  Now I have tears dripping down my face, causing my guardian to pull me back into his embrace, cuddling me close seeming to make all of the same promises as he had last night after he found me in the wardrobe and again yesterday at the bank.  Slowly, my falling tears lessen until they finally leave me with the hiccups as a reminder of my feelings.

     Once Bill is sure that I am mostly okay, he helps me to get ready for a day out; seems he knows we need to do lots of shopping.  Yoda makes us a nice but simple breakfast; oats, toast, orange juice and milk tea for me; whereas Bill has added sausages, eggs, and yogurt to his meal.   Both of them encourage me to eat as much as I can but remind me that it was better to eat multiple times to increase my calorie intake to help keep my baby and me in better health.

    After breakfast, Bill suggest that we enjoy the weather and walk over to the Leaky Cauldron on our way to Diagon Alley.  It is a great way for us to begin, on the way we review the list for my school supplies.  Bill wants us to sort out my clothing first as he feels that I need both my school robes along with as he says "real everyday wear".  The thought of having new, fitted clothing gives me a rush of feelings.  We enter a shop named Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions, he follows me up to the counter with my school list.  Then the Madam promptly has me step up on a stool to watch as the measuring tape begins to flow around me as another one dose for the blonde boy off to my one side.

     "Hey, Bill," I ask still watching the measuring tape flying around myself.  "Whom is it that you want to find to teach these social skills, I mean can't I just like learn out of a book maybe?"

     "Hmmm, I am hoping that we will be able to appeal to Lord or Lady Malfoy first,"  Bill responds, I noticed that he had taken a quick glance to the boy on my other side.

     "My father" the boy questions softly.  "Why would one be interested in learning this social skill?"  He barely turned his head to look over in our direction.  "By the way, my name is Draco,  Draco Malfoy."

     "Hello, Mr. Malfoy," Bill answers quickly.  "I would like to introduce my ward, Lord Harry Potter-Black and my self, William Weasley.  We would be seeking your father about teaching my ward the social skills and graces that befit my ward's status and bloodlines."

     I wonder about the way my guardian is referring to a boy that looks close to my age in such a manner but I don't ask out loud.  "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Malfoy," I quickly reply with a nod of my head in his general direction.  It is easy to see the happy look that Bill sends my way.

     "The pleasure is mine, Lord Potter-Black, and Mr. Weasley."  Mr. Malfoy's voice seems to have cooled off from only a moment ago.  Also, he has given a slight bow in my direction but only a curt nod at Bill.  I glanced over to notice that his face has shifted to look like a mask as though he is covering up his emotions, those I can understand I am still living with my mask on.

     Bill only nodded back at Mr. Malfoy before he drifted over to pick out other stuff from different areas of the shop.  I waited a few moments to see if Mr. Malfoy wanted to talk or if he decided to ignore my presence.

     "Lord Potter-Black," his voice is soft "are you going to Hogwarts this year?"  I can here trace of maybe wonder and guilt, these cause me to wonder about my own past and what the others here may know or think they know about my short life.

     I do not think twice about having a conversation with him.  We may start off stiff but by the time our conversation is interrupted by the Madam letting us know she would be a few moments to finish our robes before she shoo us back over to the front of the store.  It is simple to wait and finish our discussion as we walk over for Draco to pay for his order then settled down to wait for the next five to ten minutes simply learning about each other.  After all, is said and done Bill has picked up the extras by the time we are ready to pay for my finished order.