Part 8

Hogwart's Express

Harry's P. of V.

     Draco, Dudley, Pansy and I joined Draco's friends; Vincent Goyle, Gregory Crabbe, Milicent ManGrove, Crystal Green and Blaize Zabini than all of us fit ourselves into one compartment; once there  I sit on Dudley's lap next to Draco; who has had chosen to sit by the window, then Pansy decided to follow suit and flopped on Draco, all I could do is giggle at his mask of discomfort before he settled her in a better position.  Next down the line is Vincent with Gregory sitting right next to the door.  Across for us sit Blaize, Milicent, and Crystal; we all giggle for several moments about the two boys that are being used as seats for no real reason but still are.  After all, at the moment there is plenty of room for all of us but I am still rather nervous and would rather be close to both Dudley and Draco.

     We all settle down as there is a knock at the door; Gregory stands up to answer it to show Ms. Bones and Ms. Abbott.  They want to sit with Crystal and Milicent, in the end, we become a bit crowded but still, we stay together chatting away for the first ten minutes or so.  Seems, odd to me that across from us is two of the many sets of restrooms on the Hogwarts Express, Draco just laughs and reminds us that the ride is like eight hours long.

     Our conversation is rudely interrupted by a red-headed boy claiming to know me but he is unable to pick me out and I had never met him.  Though he does look a bit like Bill, this boy is very rude to my friends and to Dudley as he demanded my attention.  His name I learned as a matched pair of older red-headed twins appeared on either side of him is 'Ronnikins'.

     "Ronnikins, we," twin one, darker red hair and his eyes are a darker blue.

     "know you are," twin two, lighter blue eyes with a lighter tone to his red hair.

     "not misbehaving," twin one, a freckle under the right eye is a heart and the mirror image to twin two's left eye freckle.  For a moment they remind me of Tweet-Dum and Tweet-Dee from the Wonder Land series that I had started borrowing from the local library but will have to find a way to get the series now that I no longer live by that library.

     "with Percy right behind us." Both twins at once sound rather neat, just as neat as the way they ping pion their speech between the pair of them.  Then they proceed to introduce themselves.  "That is Gred," say twin two as he points at Gred.  "And he is Forge," states Gred with his hand raised to point.  Turn once again they both point, "this is Percy, our very proud Gryffindor's perfect, the older brother."  I notice he wears a silver badge in his school robes and looks none too pleased with Ronnikins behavior or perhaps it is the twins as I am not sure I can only watch as it unfolds.  

     Percy moves forward to stand right behind Ronnikins, once there he places one of his hands on Ronnikins right should.  "I do apologize for my younger brother's rudeness and language.  I believe a visit to the professors will help, please excuse us."  He turned to leave and the twins pulled the youngest by his shoulders with identical grins to follow a few steps behind Percy.

     Gregory had barely closed the door before a bushy, fuzzy brown-haired young witch slides it back open.  "Has anyone seen a toad?"  She questioned before even introducing herself.  "Hello, we are looking for one it is named Trevor."

     I watch as Gregory and the rest of us shake our heads no, then I see Draco's face changed to a mask of bored indifference.  Blaize started to laugh followed by all of the girls at the question in such a rude tone of voice, clearly, I could tell they did not care nor at the moment would they have given her answer. Slowly, I slid off of Dudley's warm lap to walk over to the door; once there I stand between Gregory and Vincent to speak with the witch.  "Did you ask a perfect," she looked lost to my meaning, "or ask one of our professors?"  This time her answer was to shake her head no to my question.  "Come on, I want to speak to someone in the Professor's lounge anyways I will walk with you there."  I watch her head bobble up and down like a bobblehead doll before I lead her down the corridor to the lounge.

     In the short walk I learn a few facts about this young witch; her name is Hermione Granger, her parents are dentist, she is the first known to have magic, her parents are thrilled that their brilliant, bookworm daughter is beyond special and she has managed to read all of this years course material but she cannot practice any magic at home due to the Muggle Laws. After I give her my name she informs me that I am famous for the death of the Dark Lord and tries to tell me all about it; only stopping as I do not remember being only a baby then, and then I have to point out that I would rather have my parents then be famous for the death of three people.  At the teachers' lounge we meet up with Bill, my Chris, the twins, Percy, and Professor Snape, who is not pleased about more students in the lounge but he leaves to help Hermione to find the toad for someone named Neville Longbottom.  

     I stay for a while to hold my son then talk to Bill, who introduces his brothers, Percy then the twins as we speak about the train ride so far.  Bill lets me know that he has spoken with these three of his brothers but did not really speak to Ron as that one did not even notice Chris but disappeared rather quickly after his scolding.  He seems worried about spilling the beans though I have not thought about this and ask about the thoughts in general by the magical world about male pregnancies and single parents.  They reassured me that male pregnancies are rare without the help of potions and it is not as rare for some parents to be single or for the child-bearer to be raising their child alone some of the times.  After all, in the end, more people are concerned over the child being loved by the one or ones raising them and between a lot of us young Chris will be one very loved child with many uncles.  

     Bill even mentioned that perhaps later if I found love then Chris would even have grandparents, I laughed at that, stating that given that Draco shares one of my godfathers that makes him like a brother so then that would imply that the Lord and Lady Malfoy are already grandparents.  We turn to look at the sound of the door sliding shut, it seems that my comment has caught Professor Snape off guard as his mask drops for several seconds and then he smiles lightly telling me that even if it is clear to me one may want to inform Lucious and Narcissa about this after all they like himself may have preferred name for Chris to call them as he ages.