Part 5

I may have lost track of everyone's current conversation lost in my own thought before I hear that my name is being called by Bill.  He is motioning for me to join in the current conversation as Lord Malfoy wishes to test my current level of knowledge of manners, then during this Bill asks to show my medic-parchment to Lady Malfoy as she is a trained healer and has experience in helping with male pregnancies on more than one occasion, though never on one as young as I am.  After several moments I find it much harder to speak on account I normally am not allowed to speak to adults, I notice Bill receiving several looks for prompting or encouraging me to keep speaking.  Even with the encouragement I still find it hard to hold a conversation not just because it is not something I am used to but also even with several sips of tea my throat and jaw begin to ache from speaking much more than normal.

     It is not long during this that Lady Malfoy is reading through my file, her gasp draws her husbands attention from me and a single glance at her pale face, now a slightly green color has him pulling the file from her to read himself.  She stands up and all but demands that Bill add Lord Severus Snape to the wards at this moment as she is privileged with the knowledge to call him before she walks over to the unlit fireplace.  I watch with complete interest as she took a pinch of powder from a jar on the fireplace mantel losing it into the grating to place a floo call.  "Severus Snape, Potions Lab at little Whining" she called clearly into the green flames.  I am too far away to hear anything after that but it was not long before a tall, pale-skinned wizard stepped into our sitting room with us.  His long black hair matched his eyes dark as a night without stars, a large nose set above pale pink lips that are clearly pulled into an unhappy sneer.

     "Crissa, most eleven-year-old children look underfed."  His slow drawl caused the hair on my arms and neck to shiver but not in fear.  "After all of the medical scans, you have practiced on both my godson and his ward, Miss Pansy you of all people should know that being slim is not just a sign of not eating enough."  Slowly, his eyes roamed over my small frame as a blush arose creeping up my neck over my cheeks up onto my ears and I turned to look back at the floor.  "Though, it is rare for one that small to be with child.  He should not be able to glamor himself like he is at this age."  I turned to Bill with questions in my eyes then I turned back to see Lord Snape turn to Lady Malfoy with a single raised eyebrow.  "This boy looks no more than seven perhaps eight years at the most."  Next Lord Snape wore a look of complete disbelief after sitting down in a chair near the couple to read my medic-parchment that verified that I am eleven years old and in need of his skills as a potions master.  The comment about glamor still fresh in my mind has me seeking answers from my guardian; answers that have made me stare at him in wonder as I wonder if I could be using magic in such a manner but I realize that yes I would if only protect my baby without a second thought or even a conscience though it seems.

     I quietly listen to the adults speak of potions and meal plans then notice that Draco and Pansy are no longer speak.  Turning to face them it is easy to see by their pale faces that they have listened to the entire conversation.  They clearly know that I am now with a child but no idea as to where to go from there; one quick glance at the adults shows that are completely focused on each other at this very moment so I rise to walk back over to my own seat.  Setting down I look them both in the eyes and begin this conversation, after all, I do want friends.  These two learn some of my past as we talk, they show me that they still want to be my friends even with the baggage I am carrying into my new life.  It is Pansy that surprises me by asking if I understood about godparents, she kindly explains in detail the difference of magical compared to muggle godparent. 

     This answer has me up striding over to Bill with a burning question as to if Sirius Black is my godfather then why on this green Earth was I forced to live with those daemons.  Sadly, it is not Bill but Lord Snape that informs me that Mr. Black was jailed for the war crime of giving out my parents location.  Thought once I hand him the papers from Gringotts that clearly state that my godfather is wrongfully jailed he has no clear answer then to demand a trial and for my last magical guardian to be questioned.  Bill lets it be known that the Goblins along with Madam A. Bones is working on locating my last magical guardian along with the charges being brought against the Dursley family for all of my abuse.  He then asks about my sudden questions about godparents and I told him that in the muggle world they are the last to be informed that is only if there are no living blood relatives living nearby unlike the way that Pansy just explained it to me.

     This conversation leads to Lord Snape questioning me about my knowledge of my parents and magic in general, though from the look on his face it must have been assumed that I should have known more or that it had not been Hagrid, the goblins or Bill that informed me about this basic information.  Still after telling them that until I had met Hagrid I had only been constantly told that my parent were never-do-wells that died as they had lived drunk with no care of themselves nor for the others around them.  I believe that Lord Snape turned the oddest shade of violet, as he began to mutter oaths about Petunia's childhood envy and the human need to shame others.  His quiet ranting surprised me and Bill but not the Malfoys as they just snickered at the odd comment.  Until I asked if he is the same Severus Snape that is listed in my parent's will as my second godfather after that he turned paled and asked me to repeat my question, I only handed over my copy of the will for him to read.  Seems this information had never been given to him, though after my comment on the goblins had me ask to see the wills in the first place had him off on a second rant wonder whom could have been able to keep it buried in the first place.

     Later after our company left, will the Malfoys left after a rather lengthy conversation with the Lady Black's portrait but Severus stayed stating that the potions labs here are just as good as his home labs and it would be quicker for him to begin the many potions now instead of waiting especially with one house elf to help gather the needed items.   It did occur to me that perhaps upon learning that he is the second person that my deceased parents agree upon as being my guardian may have been part of his reasoning for remaining but either way I was strangely pleased that he decided to stay here with us for now, though I am sure the mutter about 'his lily' trusting that child Black with raising a child seemed to continue for a few moments not quite under his breath.  Our dinner was a quick quiet affair before I left for my bed having done so much interacting that I had worn my self out.  I went to bed hoping to be able to sleep without my normal nightmares though it was not to be.