Sick Day

I feel terrible, I can't even speak. Papyrus is gonna kill me.

I got out of bed to try and find some medicine somewhere, without being spotted by the guards. No luck, there wasn't any medicine anywhere, and I think one of the guards saw me. I remember him writing himself a note telling himself too 'tell the king, someone was in the kitchen'. That means even if I do hide this from Papyrus, that guard will know.

I gave up on sleep a few hours ago, so it's not like I can sleep it off. Honestly, I'm just looking at how cute Papyrus is when he sleeps. I would play video games, but I know someone would hear me.

Someone started knocking on the door, oh crap! It's that one guard. Papyrus woke up immeditly, I pretended to be sleeping.

"Your Magesty," the royal guard started, and bowed. "I heard someone in the kitchen earlier, he looked in the drawers labled 'medicine.' He could've been trying to steal some, despite this, there was no medicine in the cabinets, so none was taken," he explained.

"WHAT DID THIS PERSON LOOK LIKE?" Papyrus questioned.

"He was small,and had a skeletal siholette, that's all I remember," the guard explained.

"THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION," Papyrus said, and shut the door to their room. Crap, he's gonna kill me.

"SANS! WAKE UP," he whispered, rubbing my back.

"yeah... boss?" I asked as I tryed to talk, muffling coughs.

"ARE YOU OK?" He asked softly, still rubbing my back.

"yeah....." I answered, voice scratchy. He knew I was lying.

"SANS, YOU LOOK SWEATY, AND YOU LOOK AS IF YOU HAVEN'T SLEPT! ALSO YOUR VOICE SEEMS TO BE SCRATCHY!" Papyrus explained. I just shrugged.

"I'M GOING TO GET A THEREMOMETER, TO CHECK YOUR TEMPERATURE. I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!" He stated, and went into the bathroom to find one. A few seconds later he came back with one.

"OPEN!" He told me, and placed the theremometer in my mouth. While waiting for the beeping, Papyrus rubbed my skull. It felt really good. A few seconds later the obnoxious beeping of it went off, as he took it out of my mouth.

"102 DEGRESS?? WHAT THE HECK SANS?? THAT'S PRETTY HIGH!!" Papyrus exclaimed. I couldn't tell if he was angry that I had a fever, angry that I didn't tell him, or worried because I had a fever. Probaly all three.

Before Papyrus and I became royalty, I hated getting sick, but not because I felt terrible, because of Papyrus.

If I had a fever, he wouldn't let me inside because he said I would over heat inside.

If I had a sore voice, I wasn't aloud to say anything, I couldn't tell him to stop, or tell him he was giving me too much medicine. The only thing I could do was stay silent.

If I had thrown up, he wouldn't let me have any food, no matter how hungry I was. Not even soup.

Those are just some of the reasons I tried to hide it from him this time. Because I was afraid about what he was gonna do to me. If I had found some medicine, it could've lessened the symptoms. Maybe he would'nt of found out this time.

While I was distracted, Papyrus was getting something. It seemed to be a washclotch and a bowl of water. He dipped the washclotch in the water and placed it on my forehead.

"HOW DOES THIS FEEL SANS?" He asked.

"good..." I answered, as queitly as possible.

"I'M SURE YOU DON'T WANT TO STAY COOPED UP IN BED ALL DAY! WANT ME TO CARRY YOU TO THE LIVING ROOM?" He asked, kindly.

"i can...walk" I stated, muffling coughs as I tryed to get up. Papyrus knew that was false.

As soon as I got up I grabbed on to something for support. That something, was him. I immeditly let go.

"sorry..." I screeched, trying to speak. Papyrus looked even more concerned than he already was. He took one of my blankets and wrapped me up in it. It was really comfterable. Then, he picked me up and carried me (bridal style), to the living room.

"SHH... IT'S OK SANS, JUST CALM DOWN," he cooed. I just wanted to stay with him, but I knew I couldn't. He still had to work.

"I'LL GO GET YOU SOME BLANKETS, AND A PILLOW. I'LL BE RIGHT BACK, JUST RELAX," he commanded. It was hard to relax knowing that, he was going to go to work after that.

A few minutes later, he was back with a few more blankets, and a pillow. Oddly enough, after covering me with the blankets, and adjusting my pillow for me, he layed down with me. (Not in that way!!)

"boss...what are...you...?" He answered my question before I had finished answering it.

"I HAVE TO KNOW YOU'RE OK! IF I KNOW YOU'RE NOT OK, I HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON YOU! I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO YOU!" He explained. I was happily suprised! Does this mean he's staying?!

"so... you're...stay...ing?" I asked him, maybe he wasn't.

"YES! OF COURSE! YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO GO TO WORK KNOWING MY BROTHER, THE QUEEN, WAS SICK?" He asked worridely. When he put it like that, going to work seemed unreasonable. I just nodded.

"NO! OF COURSE I WOULDN'T GO TO WORK WITH YOU SICK!" He explained. I felt really bad for even asking that. I felt tears rolling down my checks.

"SHH SANS IT'S OK! SHH DON'T CRY !" He cooed. He rocked me back and forth while hugging me. Papyrus was being really nice, just making me feel even more guilty.

"i'm...sorry..." I sqeaked. Sobbing even more. He just kept hugging and rocking me.

"SHH SANS, CALM DOWN, SHH" He coddled, starting to relax me.

"OK SANS, YOU SHOULD TRY AND GET SOME SLEEP, YOU ARE SICK AFTER ALL." He giggled, rubbing my skull. I smiled.

He layed down, laying me ontop of him. He started rubbing my back, and skull. Slowly, I feel asleep on his chest.